We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palma nova...too much?

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
palma nova...too much?

Hi all!

I'm planning my Hen Do for next June. I have picked out Palma Nova as the likely destination. HOWEVER, I am a little worried! Yes we are a hen party but don't want to be constantly drunk or pestered by men! We want a nice beach, sunny weather, fab cocktails and some lively bars for a few crazy nights. My mum and mother in law are coming so really worried that its going to be way too full on due to Magalufs wild reputation, which is worrying me that Palma Nova is too close??! Don't get me wrong we are up for a laugh but every time I mention to anyone where we are planning to go I get raised eyebrows!! Can anyone offer me any reassurance!?

Many thanks

Jessica

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: palma nova...too much?

Jessica, you shouldn't worry. Palma Nova is a long, 'stretched-out ' resort which follows the coastline from Magalluf at one end to Son Caliu at the other end. And while you could walk between those two places in around an hour, they are a million miles apart in terms of character. If you head in the opposite direction from Magalluf keeping the sea on your right, you will find loads of really nice, safe but lively places to spend the evening. I am sure others will agree.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 21:05
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: palma nova...too much?

As above, if youre concerned about rowdiness stay at the Son Caliu end of the resort.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: palma nova...too much?

You will be fine Jess . Agree fully with elem . Just try to keep your mum in law under control though ; )

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: palma nova...too much?

Good choice of resort. You won't be pestered by men-they are all being pestered by their wives/partners. A vastly different scene from Magaluf.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: palma nova...too much?

You won't be overly bothered by men in Palmanova.

Wirrals attempt at humour is good :-) ... his normal reply a few years ago might have been 'you won't be pestered by men, judging by your avatar' :-D

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,043 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: palma nova...too much?

from what Wirral is saying is the hen parties are in Magaluf and the hen pecked parties are Palma Nova lol

Gloucester
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: palma nova...too much?

Thanks for all your replies! I feel much more confident now that we've made the right choice! We want a laugh but just want to make sure we cater for our entire party of young twenty something's and the mums! We're staying at the marina torrenova so hoping its a good location!! Any other info I'd be grateful! Cheers guys!

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: palma nova...too much?

Always hear good reports about the marina torrenova . It is on the Magalluf border , so very close to " madness " . Just make sure you head the right way towards Palma Nova and you will be fine . June is a good month to go though and things are a little quieter than the peak period of July / August .

Magalluf in the day is quite nice and does have many supporters on this forum . It just has a problem late at night .

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
116 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: palma nova...too much?

Puerto Portals, two miles from Palma Nova, you would love it.

10. Re: palma nova...too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova