We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
266 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Finally booked we decided on Sol Mirlos/Tordos instead of Sol Katmandu. We are going all inclusive. We are a nana, mother and daughter (67, 45 and 17).

Is there a best hotel to request? Can we use facilities and restaurants in both hotels? How long in advance do you recommend requesting the hotel/room? I have seen family rooms on the website with 4 proper beds in and would like to request one of these due to 3 adults now - instead of sofa bed.

Many thanks for your help.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

I think you've made the better choice Kaz. All facilities are available between hotels, there's no borders or boundaries. Basically you eat the main meals in the hotel that you're room is in (snacks are in the Tordos though) but aside from that, you're free to roam. The main stage and entertainment is more outside the Tordos, and for that reason, it can be a preference for some, as a pool view room there lets you watch the evening entertainment from your balcony, if that's something you'd like. The reception area of the Mirlos has had a complete renovation, following an out of season fire about 5 years ago, and many people take that as the Mirlos as being a better hotel. But it's the same food, same chefs, same beer, same servers, different counter. The standard rooms are a little larger in the Mirlos, but it's the same mattresses and linen in both hotels.

You'll only be able to get a family room if you've booked one. As you've already booked (direct) I assume that there wasn't one available on screen as an option? If so, then the week you're going is probably sold out of family rooms.

I put a short video up on youtube of the pool area from the Mirlos a few years ago if it helps.

www.youtube.com/watch…

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Sol Mirlos/Tordos take some beating as 3* All Inclusive.A fine choice.In my opinion only minor faults are shortage of lifts and dated bedrooms (and no flat screen TV) with thin walls.So many plus points.

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
266 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Thank you that has made me feel better about the choice. mark2spark booked through Thomson as looked directly and flights separate and worked out more expensive than package. WirralScouse don't mind dated bedrooms as long as they are clean as only really sleep and shower. Again many thanks and roll on July.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Mark, I looked at your video on Yu Tube. You said you were in room 230, are there any particular rooms you remember being in that you could recommend, Im thinking lower down saves waiting on the lifts. I prefer to have an early evening balcony sun, have you been in any of these?. Im going there 8th June for a week so hopefully it wont have many families getting up to reserve beds. I recently had a new hip so don't fancy having a lot of stair climbing to do.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Spot on analysis Paisley, the lower the floor, the option of walking down and not waiting. But the upper floors, pool side, in the Mirlos, offer sea views as well. It's important to some.

However, if you want early evening sun, you'll need the front of the building in the Mirlos (Which I think are single rooms anyway?), or a Pool view room in the Tordos.

There'll be minimal sunbed reserving going on in June, - unless you're going half term week?

There's a sundeck above the Tordos indoor stage area that is 'sort of' Adults Only, they'll always be a sunbed for you there. But it gets roasting up there!

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Kaz, I think you'll be stuck with a standard room then. There aren't many family rooms and you have to specifically book them (and pay the extra) to get them.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Hi Mark so did you like that room 230 then.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Yeah there was no problem with that room Paisley. The rooms are essentially all the same. I suppose some might have a cracked tile or something that others haven't got.

I did find that before, we had a room that was nearer the lift doors, and that was noisier, especially at night if you'd already gone to your room before the main throng of people started coming up.

Room 230 is down the corridor a bit, towards the Tordos.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

But there's no evening sun. You'll get it in the mornings as soon as the sun clears the trees, don't know exactly what time that'll be in June but I'll guess at 8am. Earlier if on the floor above.

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos

Hi me and my wife and 7 year old son are staying at this hotel in August for ten days. Is it true you have to get up early to queue for sun loungers. Also do you know how much it is to upgrade to all inclusive gold and how much it is. Is it worth it also? What's the best pool to sunbathe round for all day sun. Any help with this would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers

Ian

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova