We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikini's on the street?

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Bikini's on the street?

Hi Everyone

I hear you can no longer walk the streets of Majorca wearing a bikini/speedo's.

Can anybody clarify, can you wear shorts with a bikini top? Or a Tshirt with Bikini bottoms? Is the rule very strict - is it just 'full bikini' which is banned?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bikini's on the street?

You will not have any issues with this on the beach front areas in resorts like Palma Nova, I'm unsure why you'd want to walk elswhere inland in your speedos unless your seeking attention.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bikini's on the street?

I also don't see why anyone would want to walk in the streets or worse still into shops wearing swimwear.

London, England
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bikini's on the street?

I don't think they would walk on the streets of Manchester, London, Edinburgh etc in their bikinis, so why do they think it is OK in Mallorca?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bikini's on the street?

Just returned from great holiday in palma Nova it really is a different world from magaluf.

As regards bikini on streets didn't see any problems at all, but saw some nice sites hahaha

Batley, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bikini's on the street?

I think if I tried to wear Speedos it would look more like a thong! I'd probably get deported for it

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bikini's on the street?

Thanks for your reply. You wouldn't catch me in a bikini! However, my 20 year old daughter likes to wear a bikini top with shorts (on her way back from the beach to the hotel) so just wanted to clarify.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bikini's on the street?

I wouldn't want to wear a bikini on the streets. However, my 20 year old daughter likes to wear a bikini top with shorts (on her way back from the beach to the hotel) so just wanted to clarify how strict the rule was.

London, England
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bikini's on the street?

I don't think it is the age in question, it's not an acceptable thing to do.

Renfrewshire...
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bikini's on the street?

Hi, well im in my 50s and I always wore my bikini top and shorts - but it was a full top, not a wee scimpy thing and that was along the shops, who is going to stop and say, put your top on? there will be not problem with her wearing her top with short shorts al all and bikini along the seafront defo no probs but no speedos along the streets please - big bellies tattoos and speedos - yuk!!!!!

north east
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bikini's on the street?

Im not the slimmest of people so not the loveliest sight in my swim suit although I dont inflict peoples eyes with me wearing a bikini I hasten to add! However I wore a sarlong over my swim suit to walk back to hotel from the beach, other than stripping off and changing on the beach how else are you supposed to transport yourself from the beach to the hotel after getting wet in the sea? My hubby wore swim shorts (long ones) back to the hotel too, have we broken some etiquette rule? lol

Edited: 08 July 2014, 15:53
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova