We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

on the beach..... company

Telford, England...
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
on the beach..... company

what a palava i have had!! 1st they cancel hotel mimosa at my request, then they book me don bigote, yest i got a call from OTB saying that i have 2 bookings??? which do i want to cancel, i said mimosa one plz. just had email confirming im booked in to marthas apartments??? what the heck lol

i have emailed OTB 3 times they say i have to pay for all the bookings.

my question is should i just cancel everything with OTB and book somewhere else or wait it out to see if they respond to my many emails. to say im stressed over this is an understatement.

thank u

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: on the beach..... company

Don't cancel anything you have paid them for as it could have dire financial consequences.And phoning them to sort things out could be expensive. This company seems to be adequate until you (or they) wish to make changes to the original booking.Then things can go expensively pear-shaped.Use the Search Box for extensive threads on TA about OnTheBeach.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,281 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: on the beach..... company

I'd check all the small-print terms & conditions first, if you were thinking of cancelling.

Here's a very recent thread for you to assess -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g664634-i18027-k…

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: on the beach..... company

Something tells me you should have stuck with Mimosa Park : (

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: on the beach..... company

A not uncommon problem with OTB.

Seriously Debbie, next time you book your holiday, do it all yourself. Book you flights directly with the airlines and your hotels either directly or by a reliable operator such as a Travel Republic.

Not only are you in control of your travels, but the chances are you will make a useful cash saving.

I know this doesn't help your present predicament which I very much hope you get sorted out.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
343 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: on the beach..... company

Don't bother waiting for an email reply, get on the phone and hopefully resolve it that way. Their geographical number is 0161 444 8416 which should work out a lot cheaper than their standard number.

Good luck.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,328 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: on the beach..... company

What a carry on Debbie! I recall you having a similar situation occur with two bookings when you went to Benidorm in June. And prior to that they tried to give you a studio when you'd booked an apartment in another resort. You certainly do have your fair share of catastrophes with holidays. Hope you get sorted this time and don't end up in hospital in resort again! Nightmare!

With your luck maybe it's time to book through a travel agent or avoid the lesser known booking agents. As crazypom says, TR are usually very reliable. Good luck and hope you end up with good accomodation.

Jules

Edited: 02 August 2014, 15:39
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,039 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: on the beach..... company

Was this the same company that gave you a double booking the last holiday? Perhaps it might be better to just book with Monarch package holidays, they fly from Birmingham and Manchester. Hope you are feeling better, have been wondering how you got on with your insurance claim. Hope it got it sorted.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k76…

north east
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: on the beach..... company

Oh Tell me about it we went with OTB last year with no trouble but this year we booked in feb for our august hols, I rang the hawaii aparts few months ago to request sameroom as last year to be told we werent booked in! I raised concern with OTB several times to be told we are booked in and apartments insisted we werent, it then took a lot of phonecalls to mallorca at my expense and myself and hawaii apart staff realised they had booked us in to the hawaii hotel instead. Thankgod this was sorted sooner rather than later,It was a palava trying to cancel with otb waiting 48 hrs for email replies etc, then being charged through roof to call them to be no further along, its a call centre ran by kids and a disgrace. in fairness we were able to cancel our hotel with no charge and got a refund but never ever again would I book with them.We learned the hard way to book seperate even now Ive just seen the flight that we booked through them with ryanair is a quarter of the price booking with ryanair direct!

9. Re: on the beach..... company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova