We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Palma

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Palma

Just thinking we will maybe go into Palma for the evening for a change. However every time I go there I end up getting lost. I can get the bus to the bus station (the new one that's underground) but from there I haven't got a clue. Do I go up into the city or walk down towards the sea? We will just be looking for a meal and a few drinks (just me and my aunty). Also what time is last bus back to Palmanova. Thank you.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Palma

You should walk towards the sea. The bus station you mention is in Placa Espanya and there are a few restaurants and bars around the south side of the square but they are nothing to write home about. You should walk down the main shopping street (San Miguel) towards Placa Major but once again the restaurants here are very touristy and not good value in terms of either price or quality. From there you want to head towards Passeig de Born which is the main tree-lined boulevard that runs away from the sea and cathedral. There are a few side walk cafes at the top (north) end of the boulevard that are worth sitting at for a drink whilst you watch the world go by. Whilst there are restaurants all over the place the main concentration is in the area around Carrer Apuntadors which is on the right hand side and about half way down Passeig de Born as you walk back to the sea.

A brisk walk between Placa Espanya and Carrer Apuntadors should take between 20 - 30 minutes. I cannot help on the bus back to Palma Nova, frankly I would enjoy the evening and then get a taxi.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Palma

That's vey helpful thank you, yes a taxi is on the agenda now!

Son caliu
Level Contributor
162 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Palma

Last bus is usually around 11.00 pm

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Palma

Hi all,

We are travelling from Manchester to Palma Nova for 2 nights for my sisters hen party. We fly out 18th September.

Please can anyone tell me if there are any good nightclubs or bars which you can recommend?

Thanks very much...

Charlotte

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife in Palma

Hi all,

We are travelling from Manchester to Palma Nova for 2 nights for my sisters hen party. We fly out 18th September.

Please can anyone tell me if there are any good nightclubs or bars which you can recommend?

Thanks very much...

Charlotte

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife in Palma

Hi Bacardigirl. I wholeheartedly agree with Nigel's recommendations in #1 above. The area around Passeig de Born and Calle Apuntadors (and the maze of little streets behind) are where you want to be.

When you exit the bus station, look to your left and you will see the main Tourist Information office. Pop in there and pick up a city map. Better still, ask someone in the office to mark these areas for you.

Edited: 29 August 2014, 14:58
7. Re: Nightlife in Palma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations