We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire and stuff

Claypole, near...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
car hire and stuff

Greetings all. Am staying at the Luabay Galatzo in July with my wife. I've heard that there is a car hire place nearby. Anyone know if its ok, and how much? Any other hints and tips appreciated re the area.

many thanks

Graham

ps anyone else staying there between 10th and 24th please say hello!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire and stuff

A good car hire company in Paguera is autos Rafael. In July expect to pay 20-25euros a day but they don't take deposits or charge extra for insurance which other companies do. We use this company as they will deliver a car to the airport for you. Other cheaper options are to try doyouspain.com

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire and stuff

I recommend you not to use doyouspain.You will likely end up with a rip-off hire car outfit.Low lead-in prices bear no relation to the bottom line cost.No need to use a broker at all.

Claypole, near...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire and stuff

Thank you both! Am counting down the days!

Any suggestions as to good day trips, away from the usual tourist traps?

Graham

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire and stuff

If you do hire a car and you are a brave driver take the winding road to Sa Calobra.Park up,walk through the cliff tunnels to Torrent de Pareis a beach in a ravine not reachable by car directly.On foot or by boat.There will be people about but fewer if you go after breakfast.

Incidentally Torrent de Pareis (and the nearby summit of Puig Major) figured in the recent film (which flopped!) Cloud Atlas.

Claypole, near...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire and stuff

Thanks again! Will give it a go. I actually enjoyed that movie!

Graham

6. Re: car hire and stuff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Peguera
Recent Conversations