We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

Hi, I will be travelling to Portals Nous in August with three young children - can anyone recommend a good supermarket in the area where the prices are reasonable ?? Staying at the Ola Club Tomir. Thanks, Claudine.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

Your best bet will be the large Mercadona and Lidl in Son Caliu (close to each other) which is about a mile down the road towards Palma Nova. Easy trip in a taxi.

Edited: 27 April 2012, 12:44
Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

Much appreciated !! Cheers

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

Agree withe Mercadona at Son Caliu, it's a very good supermarket and the first thing we do when we land in Portals Nous is go there and fill the fridge!!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

The Citron in Portal Nous is also very good. Not huge, but seems to have most things and is not pricey.

ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

Hi,

I was just wondering how you got on in Portals as I am staying there for 10 nights this summer with my family....aged from 4-19. We have booked an appartment so will definately be stocking up from the supermarket!

Any info on nearby attractions etc would be greatly appreciated!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

I agree the Mercadona on the main drag in Son Caliu is place to shop.Easy parking at same level and the selection of fresh fish is especially fine.They will fillet fish for you if you wish.There is an Eroski close by but although I rate Eroski highly in that area Mercadona have the A1 badge.Wish I was there.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

That fish counter is fantastic Wirral, would love to have one like that where I live.

You can get the basics at Citron, but if you're doing a big weekly shop you'd save a lot of euros by going to the Mercadona, plus the choice is huge as well.

8. Re: Supermarkets in Portals Nous area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Portals Nous