We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto portals parking

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto portals parking

Thought I would post here to raise awareness. The port has introduced a parking charge after two hours of parking up to a maximum of 72 euros for 24 hours!! Restaurant and shop staff are included though notices say some discount is given. This will have the effect of deterring visitors to puerto portals. I am not sure of the rationale behind this but think they have made a serious mistake.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto portals parking

I completely disagree, what it will do is free up parking for visitors to Puerto Portals, which during the summer is always pretty congested with the cars of restaurant and marina workers leaving their cars there all day.

Many people avoid the area because of the nightmare parking.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto portals parking

Theyve been talking about doing thiis for ages, admittedly i dont visit Portals as much as previously as mostly down at Adriano now but as mentioned above parking has always been a nightmare especially in season with people just abandoning vehicles in sometimes ridiculous positions, most of the worst offenders are likely the gin palace owners...

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto portals parking

Best thing they ever did. Was there the other day and it was easy to find a space. Will be much easier for genuine visitors and encourage people to us the restaurants.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto portals parking

Completely disagree. Fantastic idea. Went down the other day and had my pick of parking spaces! Many of the spaces were used by people at the beach or restaurant staff, deterring genuine visitors. Having a boat there also gets you a free parking pass. Always been a nightmare for boat owners not even being able to park having spent huge amounts of money to moor a boat there

5. Re: Puerto portals parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Portals Nous
Recent Conversations