We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

Hi, this is my first time visiting Portals Nous and am finding it a bit odd.

I've got two kids in tow who are 12 and 8 and so far the local area seems to consist of a pricey harbour and a very few other places.

I was hoping to find a local bar, restaurant and/or hangout that does good food at reasonable prices and has a cocktails happy hour (man of simple pleasures!)

Clearly Magaluf is a bit too far in the other extreme and comes to life too late for kids, but is there a happy medium in our area? Would love to meet up with some ex-pats and locals especially those with kids and make some new friends. Mark in Portals Nous.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

Where are you staying? The Portals end of Palma Nova has loads of family restaurants and bars, nothing like Magalluf. Have you actually been up to Portals village?

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

We are at the ola apartment hotel. I don't think we've found the village yet, just a few bars and restaurants clustered near a roundabout and the marine land car park. It seems that if there's a village we need to find it!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

If you walk from your hotel down to the roundabout, turn left up the road signposted Portals Nous on the roundabout (thats a clue) the village is a 10-15 min walk up the hill and round the corner past the Marina portals hotel, you cant miss it. Quite a few nice eateries and a few of bars.

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

hi, we've just got back from our second trip to portals nous - staying in an apartment just by the Ola Tomir.

Shortcut to the village (definitely where all the more family friendly bars and restaurants are): turn left out of your hotel, walk to the junction (you'll see a cafe called 'el rincon de Jorge'). Turn right here & walk to the end of the road (a roundabout to turn around if you have a car). On the right hand side you'll see some steps leading down - follow these down, then turn left at the bottom, follow the road and it brings you to opposite the Marina Portals.

We ate in the village most nights as it was more family friendly for the children, but walked to the port down the back roads a couple of times to get an ice cream at Haagen Daaz.

The village seems to be where most of the British tourists and ex pats are, but the port is more for the big boat owners (although I love the atmosphere there).

Hope you have a brilliant time there!

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

Thanks. That's really helpful advice. I'll check out the village.

Mark.

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

I am also heading out in a couple of weeks with some girls(all in our 40s.. After a nice meal and a drink.. How would we walk to the village from marine land? Our apartment is right near that roundabout where marine land is.. Is it easy to walk and eat in the village then head down to the marina for a drink after or is it too far?

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

Unless you've got unlimited funds, I would definitely recommend the village rather than the marina.

It's about a 10 minute walk. Rosie B's directions (see her post above) were excellent and can't really be bettered.

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

where does marine land join those directions though Im confused

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

Marineland is about 5 minute walk away from the Aparthotel. If you start facing Marineland entrance turn left and walk along to the end of the car park road. Now if you turn right here it takes you along to the marina, but you want to turn left There's a roundabout about 10 metres away. If you take the first exit anticlockwise you should go past delphinos restaurant.

You now have a choice. You can just continue to follow this road which will get you to the village, or you can take the short cut via the Aparthotel. To do this once past delphinos look for a crossing. Cross at the crossing and go up the stone steps to a car park. Head around to the left through the car park and follow the road, past a steak restaurant on the right, road curves slightly to the left and should take you past the Aparthotel's entrance.

From there follow the other directions.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 09 September 2014, 13:27
Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Portals Nous - friendly bar/restaurant

To get from the village to the marina is quick if you go by the back roads. I speak Spanish so was able to ask for directions (from German tourists - equally lost so not much help!) As a group we just decided to follow the crowds! The best advice I'd give you (if you have time) is to go on to google earth before you leave so that you more or less know where you are heading. It's still tourist season there so there should be plenty of people heading in that direction. From memory - walk down the road that san remo is on, follow it as it curves around to the right. Keep going (even though you think you're going in the wrong direction) and then follow the steep road down to the left. This road takes you out by Cappucino's in the port. It's about 10 mins stroll I'd say. Have a wonderful time!

Get answers to your questions about Portals Nous
Recent Conversations