We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

Which Porto Colom hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
65 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

Hi All

Due to stay in Porto Colom from 16th August are there any bars where you can chill and watch sport ie Football for my partner and son to catch up on games etc.. Last Ive read was the Irish One but looks like it may of shut up shop... Also Im quite worried re reviews of resort in the whole and hoping there are some bars with entertainment for the eveings so any suggestions be greatly recieved Thank You

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

Where in Porto Colom are you staying?

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

Hi Ola Cecillia its all inclusive but the option to go out in the evening would be nice.I know it's not busy but a few selection of bars would be nice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

It's a quiet resort but there are a few bars although I don't know if any of them offer entertainment. I think most evening entertainment is hotel-based. The Ola cecilia is in cala marsal which is round the cove from the bigger part of Porto colom and it's a steep trek to get there, which is one of the reasons we didn't venture far from the hotel in the evening. Cala D'or isn't far away - 10-15 mins by bus - and you'll find evening entertainment and sports bars there for sure. Lovely beach right next to your hotel , and the pool isn't too crowded. A few nice restaurants overlook the beach. It's a lovely place, although pretty quiet compared to other resorts. Hope you enjoy it!

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

Hi Folks

Thank You for your replies, how long will it take us to walk round to the main area of Porto Colom? We were thinking of having a look at Cala D'or one of the nights for a change of scenery.

Im looking forward to the option of pool or beach seems its says its really close to Hotel..

I imagine it to be a little like Alberfuia in Portugal (the old town) were not looking for a really lively resort as was Alcudia a few years back.

Im sure it will be lovely.. Thank You.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

To get to tha main port will take around 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your pace. There are some nice places overlooking the beach, close to your hotel, and again on the other side of the beach at the top of the hill. It really is a lovely beach, and probably a 2 to 3 minutes walk maximum from the Cecilia.

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

Wow that far round looks like a taxi then... Or making use of the restuarants nearby we only plan on going out a few nights so long as hotel is ok.. Thanks Wayne

england
Level Contributor
65 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

Just back after a lovely holiday. Anyone with a partner keen for the football Cala Marcal Beach Restuarant had sky sports and also Vistasol Cafe opposite the Ola Cecillia.. First weekend away my partner paid the taxi fair to Cala Dor to watch football .. And it was right on the doorstep (Phew).

8. Re: Are There Any Good Sports Bars For Footie Watching??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Porto Colom
Recent Conversations