We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Cristo

Hawkhurst, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Porto Cristo

Can anyone give me any general info on Porto Cristo, Majorca. We are older/middle aged like to go self catering and eat out in the evenings preferring quieter resorts. So any info on tavernas/restaurants, beaches, walks, weather in May or September etc would be appreciated.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto Cristo

Restaurants, there are a few along the front by the beach and along the marinat, beaches, there is one, small but nice, walks, well I guess you can wander around the marina of an evening but there not much else to see in the resort itself apart from the Caves of Drach. It tends to be more used by Spaniards and any hotels are slightly out of the resort itself towards Calas de Mallorca. It's nice to spend a few hours in but I'm not sure I'd want to spend a whole holiday there. Weather can be very pleasant in both May and Sept with high 20's easily in Sept and a little cooler in May.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto Cristo

Having visited Porto Cristo a few times whilst on holiday in Mallorca, I would say "it`s a nice place to visit but I wouldn`t want to stay there", just about covers it. We are just into our 60`s and have been visiting Mallorca for about 12 years, always based in Cala D`or, but hiring a car and driving all over the island.

We have found the resort to be a good base,whichever side of the marina you choose to stay, providing vast amounts of S/C opportunities, restaurants,(Acuarius on the marina is one of our favourites), calas, (small coves), walks and, May and September are wonderful times to visit.

Wherever and whenever you choose I am sure you will have a great time.

LaMaP.

lincoln
Level Contributor
768 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto Cristo

I would agree with both the previous posters Porto Cristo is a good place for a visit coupled with a trip to the caves but not the sort of place where I would want to stay for a week. You could consider Porto Petro a similar small town but with more to do nearby .It has a harbour , a selection of restaurants, close to a wonderful beach (Mondrago) with great walking around and also within walking distance of Cala Egos and Cala D'or .

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto Cristo

Where would you recommend?

5. Re: Porto Cristo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Porto Cristo