We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer or Hire Car?

Essex
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer or Hire Car?

Hi, it is my first time visiting Alcudia. A little unsure as to driving abroad. I'll be staying at the Alcudia Beach Apartments is there any need for a hiring a car?

If I did decide to hire the a car how are the roads as I'll be landing in the early hours?

Thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer or Hire Car?

Hi,

I must admit i've never hired a car because everything is pretty much central in alcudia and unless you wanna explore the island then there's not much point. The road from the airport to alcudia is very good and well sign posted but i would be a bit dubious about driving on the other side of the road! A friend of mine hopped on a Thomas Cook coach at the airport and paid 15 euro to get to alcudia (luckily they had a spare seat) but there's loads of other airport transfers. I guess if you want to explore then hiring a car is the best way and there's always plenty of parking spaces at the hotels. Hope this helps.

Jaye

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer or Hire Car?

It is only natural to be apprehensive about driving in a strange country for the first time, I certainly was. It is not as bad as you might think and once you have got over your initial nerves you will really appreciate it. Car rental in Mallorca is very reasonable and you may find it no more expensive than the cost of transfers from the airport. The roads are very good in Mallorca and the driving is very laid back so no real need to worry. If you have a car you can plan your own trips rather than have to join loads of other people on coach trips.

Give it a go you will not regret it!

3. Re: Airport Transfer or Hire Car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations