We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beachfront hotel

Cork
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beachfront hotel

Hi All . Can anyone recommend a beach front hotel , Im a bit confused as to where is the best place to stay - even down to which resort - im looking for a nice beach and good shopping mainly - - - Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beachfront hotel

The beaches all along Bay of Alcudia are superb.Among the best in Balearic Islands.The resorts vary greatly from busy to quietly sophisticated but all are well served by local public buses and taxis so it's easy moving between them according to what you are looking for at the time.

Personally I don't like the Northern end of the bay as much where it can get very busy both on the beach and in the resorts (depending on what month you are going?).But that might be what you are looking for and there is the best choice of shops there and the widest variety of clubs/bars/restaurants/entertainment.

I really like the beachfront at Playa de Muro and there are some excellent hotels to choose from right on the edge of the gorgeous beach.Playa Eden Mar is a good compromise in price although the Iberostar hotels are even better-at a price.

C'an Picafort is generally lower priced.Muro is very popular also with German,Dutch,Russian and Scandinavian visitors so is international.

Is this info any use or do you want to ask more specific questions with a more detailed spaec?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beachfront hotel

Alcudia has Hotels on the beachfront. The beach is beautiful, clean, shallow water for swimming and 11 km long with a marina/port at one end. There is also a couple of small bars on the beach for refreshments. I use the Condes de Alcudia when i'm there. it's not strictly ON the beach but across the road, a 2 minute walk. The Hotel is not large but the food is good, it has an outside seating area where you can watch the evening entertainment next to the pool as well as a poolside bar and pool tables. The staff are friendly and efficient too. The rooms aren't massive, same with the pool and lifts but are perfectly usable. There is shops, bars and restaurants of all types outside the door. The Hotel is 3* half-board or All-Inclusive (reccomended by the way with the price of things there now) If you pick this one and you need any further questions answered, i'll do my best to help.

Cork
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beachfront hotel

Thanks a million, that give me a bit of info anyway - Could you recommend an Iberostar hotel-

Thanks again

Roc

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beachfront hotel

Iberostar Playa de Muro or Iberostar Albufera Playa.Not cheap but both have very high standards and are located right on an idyllic beach.I am going back to Majorca early October having already been this year in April.Maybe if I limited my visit to one a year I would be able to afford Iberostar-I wish!

españa
Level Contributor
904 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beachfront hotel

Hi!

Iberostar Albufera Playa

Iberostar Albufera Park (apart.)

and Iberostar Playa de Muro or Village

Very good food, thai zen spa, clean, modern and beachfront. (All inc. its a option).

Have a look to the web. pag. www.iberostar.com

Enjoy mallorca!!

6. Re: beachfront hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2010, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia