We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

Which Port d'Alcudia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

We have flights booked but cannot decide where to stay. We want a good hotel on a B&B basis but also with it's own restaurant if possible. A lot of hotels seem to have a daytime entertainment programme which we definitely do not want! Also we like to visit other resorts by public transport and do not want to be on the outskirts of a town. Any suggestions please?

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

You don't say what "older" means. If you mean elderly and assuming that you mean Puerto Alcudia and not Alcudia, I would suggest that Puerto Pollensa would be more suitable. Forget the daytime entertainment programme you can ignore it, it's not compulsory.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

If I could make a suggestion, Port de Soller might suit you as well.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

We are retired but not "old"!. Find it difficult to ignore the daytime entertainment when there is music being played over the tannoy and frequent announcements of what's on next! Thanks anyway - I think you may be right about Puerto de Pollensa.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

Thanks but we have visited Port de Soller and like to go to different paces.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

I would suggest Puerto Pollensa, try to steer away from family focused hotels, hopefully the entertainment will be easier to ignore. Having said that, I always find Thomson Gold entertainment (thought of specially for couples) too in your face... Maybe if you go to an apartment with B&B you might get away from the entertainment... I'm not sure what to suggest really, I just tend to ignore the entertainment and the entertainers soon learn not to bug you.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

Hostal bahia set on the pinewalk in puerto de pollenca,wonderful buffet breakfast served on the shaded terrace,restaurant open for lunch and evening meals,no entertainment or pool but only 3 steps away from the beach.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

Sounds promising - will certainly check it out. Thanks.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,627 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

Hostal Bahia, Hotel Miramar and Hotel Sis Pins are suitable for your needs in PP, they are good hotels and are in a good location. There's also lots of quiet apartments for you to consider as well.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

Sound advice from shinner and KWUK.Hostal Bahia do charge a lot more for their sea view rooms over mountain view as you will discover.Hotel Miramar would be my choice and it is a bit nearer the bus station than Bahia but not by much.Miramar and Sis Pins are almost adjacent and are overlooking the pedestrianised promenade and the sea.I can't speak for Sis Pins as I haven't stayed there but considering the status of Miramar and Bahia their food is top rate.And you can book B&B and choose on the day if you want the set dinner at night.No intrusive entertainment-in fact no entertainment at all.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcudia or Puerto Pollensa for older couple?

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to answer me. I think we have now decided on Puerto Pollensa - hotel will probably depend on best price we can find! thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia