We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Which Port d'Alcudia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Hi I was wondering of somebody could help. We have booked flights to Majorca for the first two weeks of July and I am now researching accommodation (two adults and two children (age three and 6)). I was originally keen on Puerto Pollensa but have since read about Puerto Alcudia and think it might be a good option because of the old town (which I don't think Puerto Pollensa has??) and feedback about Alcudia's beach.

We are not interested in AI or half board because we love exploring at night and trying different places to eat.

So! Could anyone recommend an apartment or apart-hotel on the beach and within walking distance of the old town and/ or port (whichever you recommend). For us the location is the most important, as well as nice accommodation - and we are very excited about what we have read about the beautiful beach. We would be happy to pay up to £1500 for accommodation-only for 12 nights. Hoping somebody with come insider tips can help! Many thanks!

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Hi, I haven't got time at the mo to reply to all your questions, but just to let you know that Pollensa consists of both town and port. It's just that they're a bir further apart than Alcudia town and Alcudia port.

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Ah okay. I got the impression Puerto Pollensa was beautiful but had not real town area but maybe I got that wrong. I had been looking at Playa Mar there. Does it have as good beaches as Alcudia? Thanks!

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Hi having lived here in alcudia for many years i think personally the beaches here are much better here in alcudia , but i do love the resort of puerto pollensa.

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Thanks for your reply. Could you recommend a well positioned apart-hotel? I am looking at Paraiso de alcudia due to its location and ok reviews. The hotel food is not important as we will be eating out and about. Thanks

Midlands
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Hi, I've stopped at the paraiso before with my family, we stopped in september 2008 and have booked to go again in august this year. The beach front location is among the best in alcudia, you step out the back of the apartments and are directly on the beach. The apartments arent 5* quality but they are clean and if i can remember the maids visit every day apart from 1 day. There is no air conditioning but there are ceiling fans in the apartments. The people who work there are friendly and are great with children. Hope that helps.

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

Thank you very much for your ereplay (which I have just seen).

We have gone ahead and made our reservation for Paraiso based on location. We did our reservation through Thomas Cook as they accept deposit and were same price as a direct booking. They have installed ac according to Thomas Cook anyway - anyhow a bit of heat would be welcome compared to the chill in Ireland at the minute!!

Many thanks foryour reply

rep ireland
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

The apartments called Viva Tropic i have been going there for about 12 years and the are really nice close to beach, Great safe playground for young children and there is a supermarket in the hotel, Also there is a Lidle store about 10 mins walk away as well. Hope this helps

rep ireland
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

The Viva Tropic i have been going there for 12 years and is fantastice also great if yu have children

co.cork
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

would highly recommend the viva tropic if you have children of any age- plenty to do

10. Re: Really good apartments in Puerto Alcudia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia