We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife?

devon
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife?

am goin out to alcudia in may this year for my 18th and dont realy know where all the decent night life is near by. only know of palma being a busy place.

if no where decent near by wondered on taxi's on getting back from palma

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife?

hi there is a few bars in alcudia were u tend to find all the reps and workers

there is a company called nofrills excursions who do trips to magaluf try them i know they have a few shops in alcudia..

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife?

as above

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,581 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife?

Taxis from Palma are going to be expensive. Hopefully someone who kows Alcudia will let you know about nightlife, but I am sure there must be some decent bars there and not just the ones where the reps and workers hang out!

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife?

Menta disco is OK, Magic disco is better, and there are many pubs / bars in the Magic building. Other bars include the Enjoy, the Unic, etc. Going down to Palma or Magaluf by taxi is going to cost you dearly, try an alternative means of transport. Many tour operators organize pub crawls, etc.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife?

Sorry, that should have been Unik with a k.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nightlife?

Hi there, Alcudia is a reasonably quiet resort. I don't know where about in Alcudia you're staying but, there are a few disco/bars, mostly around the "Bellvue" area. Further along towards the Port/Marina end, it's mostly small bars/cafe types but there are a number of very good restaurants in Alcudia to suit all tastes. I was there in June of 2010, it was our 3rd time here and we noticed it was a bit quieter than previous times, some of the bars were pretty much empty and some were closed. It comes alive at night when locals and tourists tend to fill restaurants and enjoy their evenings with a few drinks etc..

Alcudia is in the North of the island and transfers from Palma average an hour, depending how many others are to be dropped at other Hotels etc.. they usually go to Puerto Pollensa first then head along to Alcudia. A taxi to Palma/Magaluf will not be cheap, when i was in Alcudia in June 2008, we took a bus to Sa Coma to meet up with friends and a taxi back cost us 55e. Sa Coma is in the East of Mallorca so it might cost a bit more to/from the South, depending on traffic.

Alcudia is a very good place but don't expect it to be anything like Magaluf etc.. it's brilliant for relaxing, chilling out and the locals are very friendly. We're thinking of going back again for a 4th time this summer, the friends we visited in Sa Coma came to Alcudia this time for their 1st visit and have already booked to go back again in June 2011

devon
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nightlife?

well it will be me and one of my mates

we're quite the nightlife ppl and would love to go out to the big clubs with loads of ppl.

alcudia looked like a nice place to stay and the price wern't bad as to why we picked it there

we'r stayin in the hotel jupiter which i am aware is mainly family based so we would feel bit out of place there

we have gone all inclusive incase of running out of money but hoping everything should be fine once we;r out there.

thanks for all your thoughts

8. Re: nightlife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations