We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Alcudia

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Alcudia

Got back from Alcudia in the early hours of Tuesday morning (5th July) after an 8 hour delay at the airport! (Condes de Alcudia Hotel) Had a good time once again here, anyone wants to ask about anything in or around the resort, let me know and i'll try to answer as best i can for you.

Cheers, Jambonian.

Edited: 07 July 2011, 19:01
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Back from Alcudia

Plex,

The old town of Alcudia will have more authentic places. There are a number of decent restaurants around but mostly international dining.

Sunbeds were 4:50e each last summer, may be increased this year.

ABRfan,

I don't ever recall seeing or even knowing about the place you mention, if it's there i've obviously missed it, maybe someone else could help or perhaps try adding a question on the forum page, you never know, forums are great for these things.

Jambonian.

Rotherham
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Back from Alcudia

Thanks I will do , I read about this place many years ago in a magazine, we searched for it on our first visit, also enquired with the rep and reception staff and no one had heard of it , on our 2nd visit we hired a car and found it purely by chance, a little wooden sign on the road to St Lluc that said restaurant this way, and it had an arrow pointing right, it was just before St Llucs, so we followed the sign and there it was !!!! and it was almost full with local people , but they made room for us. It is one of , if not the nicest place i have ever eaten.

Holland
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Back from Alcudia

Thanks Jambonian.

Will the old town be easy to reach by foot or can we take our car?

Ballygowan...
Level Contributor
302 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Back from Alcudia

Plex,

You can walk from Viva Tropic to Alcudia Old Town in around 15 - 20 mins. We have done it regularly to go to the market on a Tuesday or Sunday and it's a lovely walk, slightly uphill.

Holland
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Back from Alcudia

Sounds good, thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Back from Alcudia

It depends on how far you are from it but as Celica above said, it's a good stroll on a nice day, if it's too hot to walk back there are taxi's just outside the market. I'd probably say use a taxi in the evening, they are not expensive and it will have you back in 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Liverpool, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Back from Alcudia

Hi

We are going to alcudia and am a bit worried about how expensive it is? Can u give me an idea of how much we would need for a week?

Thanks

Emma

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Back from Alcudia

Emma,

you don't say if your all-inclusive, self-catering etc but we go All-Inclusive and still spend around 400-500e. Alcudia like most places are finding it tough at the moment keeping their bars open so most are pretty reasonably priced. Some cheaper than others. There are chinese, italian, indian, mexican, spanish/mallorcan, chip shop, barbecue, steak house restaurants all over, oh, and luna burger, they all advertise their food on boards outside their properties so you can easily find some decent priced ones wandering around. I'd take around 1000e with you if your not all-inclusive, you can always bring back whatever you don't spend. Better taking too much than too little and watching the pennies.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Back from Alcudia

Going back to Alcudia for the 7th time this year, staying in the Condes de Alcudia Hotel for the third time so we'll be sure to pop along to the Brunel Inn!

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Back from Alcudia

How long as this thread been going for?

Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations