We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lively Bars/Clubs

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Lively Bars/Clubs

Hi!

A group of friends an I (all in our 20s) will be arriving in Alcudia on Saturday for a week.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for nice bars/clubs. Obviously we know it's not going to be Magaluf-style club nights, but just a lively pub with a good atmosphere or cheap and cheerful disco would be what we're after.

A lot of the websites out there seem to be a bit out of date as I'm finding reports quite a few good bars have been forced to close in the recession.

Thanks very much for your help!

Jenny

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lively Bars/Clubs

Id change and go to Magalluf, after 10.30pm its like a ghost town, no lively bars, and all were deserted and that was the last week in august, so will be even worse now.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lively Bars/Clubs

Obviously too late as the OP will be in resort now but for others I think it is worth pointing out that if you want lively bars/pubs then Alcudia probably isn't the resort for you.

As I have pointed out on other threads many of the bars show English TV (Corrie, Emmerdale etc) which does appeal to some (but not to us) and can bring a night to a crashing halt especially with the the one hour time difference.

For karaoke we visited Shine which was ok but even the lure(!) of karaoke kept people away and most of the bars were half empty throughout the night.

I wasn't expecting lively but I did expect more from a bar/pub point of view in Alcudia and it seems a shame that most bars think the prospect of a €2 pint is enough to satisfy most holiday makers these days. Sure, the price may be right but there needs to be an atmosphere to drink in also.

Word of warning, the €1.65 pint offered by Oxygen Bar (right opposite the Astoria Playa entrance) and touted by some on here as the cheapest in Alcudia is poured from a can and is clearly a cheap lager brought in for next to nothing from the local supermarkets. For a proper pint go to the other end of this strip of bars/shops and visit Las Palomitas (spelling?) where you can get a beer for €1.75.

Sorry to OP have gone off topic a bit.

Tonypandy, null...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lively Bars/Clubs

Hi me and my partner are coming to puerto alcudia in may and wanted to know if there are any gay or gay friendly bars and clubs. Thanks

Edited: 29 February 2012, 17:08
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lively Bars/Clubs

Karen J..

Been going to Alcudia on and off for a few years and can't honestly say i've never seen a strictly gay bar in the resort, that's not to say there isn't, just that i've never came across one in Alcudia. The bars are just bars, nobody would care one way or the other to be honest. Most of the bars will only just be opening around May. Alcudia is a pretty quiet and relaxing resort, no major loud bars and clubs but there are a few along the Bellevue area. The main port area is more cafe-bars and restaurants.

When i came back from Alcudia last July, i posted a topic called "Back from Alcudia" which had over 70 contributions from various holiday-makers, i think it's on page two of this forum and should maybe give you some ideas on the area should you wish to take a look.

Jambonian, Edinburgh.

Edited: 02 March 2012, 15:55
5. Re: Lively Bars/Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations