We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Families?

Which Port d'Alcudia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Mull...
Level Contributor
134 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Families?

Hi,

I have been researching Majorca and searching through the forums but I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression that Alcudia is a really busy, lively resort more for younger people.

I will be travelling with my husband and three young kids (11,9,6) and would like a family friendly resort with nice restaurants, some child friendly bars and a lovely beach. Can anyone advise if Alcudia might be that place?

Thanks

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Families?

Yes it is very family orientated

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Families?

Alcudia is the British family resort of Majorca, almost everything is geared towards familys and it's almost all British. Nice big beach which stretches for miles, not so nice at the port end of the bay. Loads of family friendly restaurants for all budgets and the same goes for the bars. Be careful what accommodation you choose though as there are quite a few dodgy ones. The nicer accommodation is towards playa de muro.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Families?

I hope I don't put anyone's nose out of joint but with children the ages of yours I would be looking more to the Southern end of Alcudia Bay rather than Alcudia or even Pto Alcudia. As previously stated Playa de Muro definitely, maybe even C'an Picafort.Imho Alcudia and Pto Alcudia are brasher and perhaps better for teenage children.But this sort of question is all about personal opinions and I have just given mine.Wouldn't disagree with hobnob's at all.

But based on what you are looking for Pto Pollensa might be even better-and only 4 miles from Alcudia.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Families?

Hi countingdays, when mentioning the name "Alcudia" one has to be very careful as it has several distinct parts, all very different - and it stretches for miles & miles around Bay of Alcudia - so one has to pick the area most suitable for what you are seeking.

Alcudia (that's the old town) is a historic walled town, lovely but not the right place for a family holiday IMO.

Puerto Alcudia (which starts a mile away and goes on for several miles) is more suitable for families, largish and a busy type of resort with plenty of activities.

Further round is the Playa de Muro area, quieter with fabulous beach.

Check out Googlemaps; and do make sure you stay in the area best for your group.

Edited: 29 January 2013, 21:29
5. Re: Families?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia