We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ALCUDIA whats open?

Which Port d'Alcudia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wetherby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
ALCUDIA whats open?

Hi anybody

just thinking about going to Alcudia end of April or begining of May.

Can anybody tell me what will be open or is this a place only to go mid suymmer.

We went last year back end of June and it was just great then,so dont want to go if nothing is going on in the evening for young 60 year olds

London
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ALCUDIA whats open?

Depends which end you're going. I've been just about every month over the years, and have never had problems finding places open (bars, coffee, good food). However I stay at my Dad's place which is nearer the port and old town - so it's a case of heading into the port for most things.

Also really depends on what you're wanting; if it's a more Mallorcan experience then brilliant, but if you want British Breakfasts, Sunday Roasts and English Pubs doing karaoke until 2 in the morning, then they're harder to come across. i.e. if you're looking for your favourite places to be open down where all the large hotels are then you might be a little disappointed - more often than not I travel out of season and there are areas that are like ghost towns.

Be warned, I went beginning of May last year and the climate is much different. One day we were walking down the beach in shorts and t-shirts thinking we should have put sun cream on, then later in the afternoon it was raining cats and dogs and we were absolutely freezing in our thermals and coats trying to get an apartment with marble floors to heat up via the aircon heater :)

Mallorca out of season is a really really quiet island and a world away from what most people see over the height of summer :)

Edited: 07 February 2013, 16:25
Wetherby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ALCUDIA whats open?

thanks for the prompt reply

Alton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ALCUDIA whats open?

We live near Alcudia. Everything will be open then but the weather is not settled at that time. High chance that it will be warm/hot but a lower possibility it will be cooler . It never rains for long. June is definitely the best month

Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ALCUDIA whats open?

I'm also interested in this topic, but I am travelling end March / start April to Playa De Muro. Will there be any restaurants open in Playa De Muro or Port d'Alcudia at this time of year ??

Any recommendations ?

5. Re: ALCUDIA whats open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia