We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Alcudia

Which Port d'Alcudia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Alcudia

Have been looking to book the Astoria hotel but would like to if there are any bars close to the hotel and how long wouold it take to walk to the bulk of bars, as we are both in our early sixties would lenjoy music bars and quizzes any suggestions? Thanks

London
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Alcudia

Astoria Playa? ... You're pretty much in the thick of things. There's plenty of bars etc a stones throw from there depending on your tastes.

Have a look around with google maps street view, although remember the photo's have all been taken in off season so everything is closed.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Alcudia

there are plenty in the area, and you wont have to walk very far, I understand the hotel also has quiz evenings and entertainment, have a lovely holiday

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Alcudia

Thanks for the info, I have now booked the Astoria Playa and cant wait. Really pleased the hotel has quizzes and entertainment although we will certainely be having a walk around. Was in CalaMillor at the same time last year hope the weather is as good. Do you know of the nearest money exchange?

Thanks again

News

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Alcudia

Don`t exchange any currency at your destination. Do it online and get a massivly better exchange rate. I can`t remember the last time anyone would think of buying currency in a holiday resort. Crazy idea. The only place to get a worse rate is at an airport.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Alcudia

Hi Chris

Nevver though of exchange on line have always done it in resort and had a fair rate. Which web site would you suggest?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Alcudia

Hi MN. I`ve done it online since the demise of the Peseta,and also for any other currency depending on where I`m travelling to.

Take time to look on here,and don`t be daunted.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-money/

7. Re: First time in Alcudia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia