We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

putting own package together

Rotherham
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
putting own package together

Travel company's have really hiked the prices up this year to Majorca , on certain sites you can go to Mexico 5* cheaper , so i am thinking of putting my own package together for next year . Please can anyone recommend some self catering apartment's in Muro or further down towards Alcudia, but not act in Alcudia port . We would like beach front or as near as poss. Have looked on TA and sent requests to a few last week but up to now have had no replies . Thanks x

Edited: 14 August 2013, 14:19
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,142 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: putting own package together

If I can make one little suggestion that you may already have considered but to anyone decidind to put a package together make sure you book the flights first.

It is a mistake many make to book hotel rooms and then find they can`t get flights .

It`s a lot easier to find accomodation than flights.

Sorry if it sounds like I am trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs but many people get it wrong.

Graham

London
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: putting own package together

this company run by an english couple have several apartments in and around the alcudia area http://www.idealservicesalcudia.com/

often stay in los delfines which has a well kept pool and gardens. it's about 5 mins walk to the beach, 15 mins walk to the port, 25 mins walk to the old town.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: putting own package together

Try looking here for flights www.skyscanner.net

but be aware Easyjet don`t feature,so check with the easyjet website,they are way better and cheaper than ryanair who personally I`d avoid at all costs if possible.

Regarding accommodation look through here

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Good luck. I`ve only travelled DIY for over 20 years and wouldn`t dream of buying a package.

London
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: putting own package together

while you're looking at flights, don't rule out going with one airline and returning with another to get better times or prices. i've often flown out from luton with easy jet and returned with monarch.

Rotherham
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: putting own package together

Thankyou all so very very much xx im not sucking eggs yet :) this will be the first time i will have done this. Was thinking off booking flights last , because i checked prices of the flights we went on and 4 days before we went they where £58 return from Doncaster . They are just so expensive right now . I really appreciate all your advice. Was going to go to the Condessa De La Bahia , but refuse to pay £2,638 for 2 adults.

London, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: putting own package together

May I also suggest using Resorthoppa for your transfer between the airport and the resort. Although this year we booked a package (Thomas Cook) in previous years we have also have done it "D.I.Y." We found Resorthoppa very good and reasonably cheap.

£2,638 for the Condessa De La Bahia, good heavens, we only paid £1,700 for 14 nights half board at the Condes de Alcudia and that was with TC.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: putting own package together

One thing to bear in mind if you book flights with two different companies is that, if one cancels or changes your flight, then you are still stuck with the other one.

Rotherham
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: putting own package together

Thankyou for all your help and info xx Day off work today and storm clouds gathering , so am gonna make a start and start looking at the links in the above posts . Regarding the Condessa De La Bahia , I got the price on line , so i rang the travel agent for a quote and they came back with £2, 800 !!!! . This is for 2 weeks in July before school holidays . Thanks again xx

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: putting own package together

@chrislovessoller - I either didn't know that skyscanner didn't include easyjet or I had forgotten. Thanks for the tip. I have done my own package hundreds of times but I guess you can get lazy. For the original posters information I have just booked for 4 people, end of September in a 2 bedr apartment on the frontline with just the beach in front of us for £1130 without luggage and it would be another £120 for taxi transfer. I probably could have got the flights much cheaper if I was able to book earlier but unfortunately we couldn't so it is definitely worth doing your own package. It is ryanair I am afraid but they had the best flight times and once you get used to their tricks it ain't so bad.

Jean

Rotherham
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: putting own package together

Have looked at all the links and have managed to book an apartment for 2 adults , not beach front though , but only 3 min walk away . It has a balcony overlooking the waterway , and its near the strip but faraway enough so the noise doesn't intrude. Have spoken to the lovely English lady who owns it and she is charging us £420 for 2weeks !!!!!! in the middle of July next year . Really happy with our choice so a big thank you for your help

Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations