We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French air strike

Coventry, England
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Topic
French air strike

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this isn't extended and is resolved quickly. Started yesterday and due to end 4am Monday. Lots of delays at the moment. I fly 6.30am next Tuesday so hopefully I will miss it.

Anyone flying should keep an eye on departures and contact airline with any concerns

Jenna x

London
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French air strike

flying tomorrow.

yesterday our flight left 1hr30 later than scheduled. this morning it left 15 mins later than scheduled - however arrived 1 hour later than yesterdays flight did?! don't know if they're now taking an alternate route which doesn't impinge on french air space but takes far longer.

Level Contributor
68 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French air strike

Also worried our flight is 6.25 on Monday could live with a delay not a cancellation what's the chances of it being stopped before the full 6 days?

Batley, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French air strike

From what I've read some flights are going around France and over the Bay Of Biscay.

Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French air strike

The strike is being ended at midnight Wednesday . Was worried as I fly out on friday

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French air strike

We got caught up in a French air strike back in May. We were supposed to leave Manchester for Palma on a Ryanair flight at 6.am, were boarded on time and then sat and waited for 4hours for take off!. Ryan air didn't even give us water , but of course were selling it ! If there's any chance you will be delayed my advice is to make sure you have refreshments with you because some of Ryanairs drink and snack prices are ridiculous ,especially if you are stuck with them for 6 hours+

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: French air strike

Fly sat with Thomas cook package deal to Majorca on there web site it's says no cancellations for t/c maybe sum delays

London
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French air strike

Our flight this morning took off 30 mins late because of the strike, but we landed in mallorca only 15 mins later than scheduled. This was with easyjet. Fairly painless really.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: French air strike

Just found a post from the Telegraph stating that the strike ended early and is now over, that was posted 1 hour ago...

Hopefully this is true as I fly out at 6:30 Monday morning and don't want these delays 😣

Coventry, England
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: French air strike

I also heard it was called off early. Great news!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: French air strike

Fingers crossed they don't go back out on strike in the next week then, mate's flying out on 30th June then we're 2nd July and another mate 5th July. We're all a bit concerned but we're keeping everything crossed!

Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations