We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euros

Which Port d'Alcudia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, England
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Topic
Euros

I am going to get my euros tomorrow ready for Tuesday- exciting! Does anyone know where the best place to go is? We have a post office, Eurochange and Travelex in Coventry.

Thanks

Coventry, England
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Euros

Thanks all :)

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Euros

We always get ours from online asda, they have a better rate than they do in store, all you do is print a receipt off and go into your nearest asda store to collect, but pawn shops that do currency usually do have the best rates. Also im sure there is a currency compare rate site

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Euros

Try martin Lewis site moneysavingexpert they have a travel money comparison link

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Euros

I hesitate to be scornful but in general terms the difference of 1 cent or 2 at best per £ doesn't amount to much if you are only changing say £500.Different matter if you are buying or selling a villa at 400,000.

Somebody mentioned E1.27 net per £.I don't believe it.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Euros

With the Post Office it seems to be very variable, the difference in rate between my village, the nearby market town and Hull city centre sometimes has to be seen to be believed.

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Euros

Exchange rates change every hour of every day as markets don't sleep. Right now you'd get €1.25 for one pound. Recommend City Forex if you're in/near London as 9 out of 10 times they have the best rate, due to volume. As Wirral says, for most of us changing holiday money it doesn't make a massive difference - 5 euros or so here and there. Obviously avoid the airport bureau de change if you can. Some card providers charge to withdraw money from ATMs abroad - check yours before you go with money saving expert etc. Btw, keep your receipts from bureau de change in case of loss or theft for an insurance claim.

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Euros

Hi I was just reading this post and would like some advise about my euros what would ppl advise that I take euros in cash form and pay for a safe at the hotel or get one of those prepaid Mastercard you can get from money shop asda etc with the euros preloaded on thanks in advance

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Euros

We have 2 FairFX Euro cards. We watch the exchange rates for several days before hols, then pre load on a "good" day. As the cards run low we top up online. As long as you only use them to purchase goods, there are no further charges.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 10:23
London
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Euros

I use my regular cash card. I got an exchange rate of 1.249 with no fees or charges yesterday - however and this is a big HOWEVER you should check your own bank for information about rates possible fees.

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Euros

Hi thanks for the responses I will contact my bank and see what their policies are and if not I will look into the card

Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia