We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please!!

UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Help Please!!

Can anyone recommend a decent 3/4 * hotel/aparthotel. We have been looking at Sa Coma for an 11 night stay in the summer. Some of the reviews for a lot of hotels have been shocking. We are a family of 4 2 children ages 8 and 5, we like pool and the beach, would like some enterainment in the evening. Also not to far from restaurants, etc. Hope someone is able to give me some advice as we really want to get somewhere booked.

Look forward to hearing from you hopefully.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
302 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please!!

Hi, we stayed in the Paraiso apartments last August and they were fantastic. The apartments were a good size and had everything that you need. Everywhere is spotless clean and the staff are all very friendly. There was entertainment on every night and they are close to the beach, shops and restaurants. I can highly recommend them and I would stay in them again myself.

Carol

northumberland
Level Contributor
273 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please!!

Hi, have you thought about booking a private apartment? Have a look on www.ownersdirect.co.uk

I have used owners on several occassions and have stayed in some fab apartments.

Sue

ashby
Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Please!!

We've stayed at the Protur Vista Badia for the last 5 years (going again in August) - good standard of rooms & facilities.

We don't use the hotel restaurant or the all inclusive option (tend to eat out or cook ourselves) so avoid some of the food problems.

Good supermarket (Caprado) in the resort which has everything you need.

Hotel has a "German" influence - fine if you can accept it and go with flow but it does wind some people up

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Please!!

Stayed at the Coma Gran couple of years ago, with kids who were 5 and 8 and was vey nice. Good location, only few mins from plenty of rest's and 5 mins to the beach.

heywood
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Please!!

hi we have stayed in the safari twice brilliant in sa coma, were going again for the 4th time in june.good friendly atmosphere, clean streets and the beach is brill.sports bar (cristabels) is fab we have kept in touch each year looking forward to the welcome.no gangs about good relaxing holiday enjoy your stay.meditarranoi blua hotel is nice,were staying at the sacoma playa this year got a good deal with flight line, usually fly with portland but they seem to have doubled in price.

newcastle upon tyne
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Please!!

My family can recommend the Coma Gran. Just returned after a weeks break on Monday (9/06/08). The Coma Gran is 3+ more like 4 star. Very clean. Pleasant helpful staff, waiters etc. Newly refurbished. Excellent entertainment for the kids. My two are 2 and 6 and loved the evening entertainment. Thompsons reps really deliver (Nik Nak Knickers is the 'top man' ably assisted by Naughty Nicky and Thompson-the-dog!). Your kids will enjoy the facilities. Decent restaurants 5-10 mins walk away. Five mins from the beach. Remember odd no. rooms face the opposite hotel (sun on balcony pm which is good); even no. rooms face the pool (sun on balcony am and you can check out the pool and when to pop down and reserve your sunbed; fortunately no Germans!)

Enjoy your stay wherever you go

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Please!!

Hi ckenne

I do recoomend the Sa Coma Playa Hotel. I have stayed there on 2 occasions in the last 3 years, and fortunately, it was the same. There is entertainment in the evening, great food and they also cater for children. The hotel has two swimming pools,the largest is fab with plenty of sunbeds and room, the other one at the side of the hotel is quieter. They also have a fab spa etc and you can take a two minute walk around the hotel where there is a place, belonging to the complex where you can hire bikes and take part in activities, it is especially good for children, as well as adults.

The Sa Coma Playa has an excellent location, and there is a really good bar across the road (it's the one furthest on the corner) where they do really good food and drinks) where the locals go. The Sa Coma Playa is a Thomson Platinum hotel, and offers great value for money, for what you get.

I do recommend this hotel. I hope this helps!

west midlands
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Please!!

hey we have just returned from sa coma we stayed in the coma gran and oh my god it was fab!! it is worth the money and the reps are looking after the kids all day! you would not see your children they have so much fun! the pool scene is great and big and never overcrowded the beach is lovely and a walk around the corner its a great holiday for the family. theres entertainment 7 days/nights a week and its great i promise you will love it here!! theres resturants everywhere about 5 min walk if that hope iv helped!!

x

leeds
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Please!!

would definatley stay at coma gran - rated number 1 in sa coma on trip advisor and i would rate as number 1 also

10. Re: Help Please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 14:19