We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sa Coma - special dietary needs

northwood
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sa Coma - special dietary needs

Dear all

I am travelling from UK to Sa Coma this summer and wanted to check what products are available locally

RICE DREAM

LACTOFREE LACTOSE FREE MILK

LACTOFREE LACTOSE FREE CHEESE AND SOFT CHEESE

GLUTEN FREE SAUSAGE (WITH NO CORN OR FILLER)

My daughter is gluten free, wheat free, corn free, egg, soya and lactose free!

Any help would be gratefully received

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sa Coma - special dietary needs

Hmm. Tall order for the Spanish supermarket.

Nonetheless, at Eroski (there's one near sa Coma), there are some products available for special dietary needs. However, I'd have to say that Carrefour is much more likely to carry such things. Probable, in fact (in addition to other typical English products).

Unfortunately, the only Carrefour stores are around Palma - one just about 2km from the airport, and the other at the Valdemossa exit from the MA-20 "Via Cintura" motorway around Palma.

Are you hiring a car? If so, just take a stop at the Carrefour near the airport when you arrive. It's about 2km in the opposite direction you'd normally take to Sa Coma on the MA-19 motorway which connects with the airport. Take exit number 6 and follow the signs to "Centro Commercial". Beware this exit is always jammed with traffic. You can't miss it.

england
Level Contributor
255 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sa Coma - special dietary needs

Hi, not sure if you will find these products in the supermarket but some airlines do allow extra baggage allowance for you to take your own bread,pizza bases,biscuits etc,etc if its a medically diagnosed condition.

scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sa Coma - special dietary needs

Hey,

How did you get on? We have booked to go this July and my son has Coeliac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes, so naturally I'm concerned about where he can eat too.

Thanks

Diane

Middlesex...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sa Coma - special dietary needs

Hi Diane, only seen this just now. They do long life lactose free. We are going again this year and taking it with us. They do a good range of sin gluten food, but suggest you take your own bread and cereals. We self catered during the day and ate out most evenings. Off again this summer!

5. Re: Sa Coma - special dietary needs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Sa Coma
Recent Conversations