We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
759 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Hello,

We are going to Sa Coma in a couple of weeks and will be self catering there.

We know of course it is off season but will it be a ghost town or will there be a few things open?

I think there are a couple of decent supermarkets there to stock the apartment up.

We will be touring by car for a lot of the time but now and again like to stay local for a day or two.

We were last in Majorca nearly 40 years ago so may find a few changes!!!

Any advice or tips welcome.

Thanks.

Brian

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

I have been through Sa Coma at that time of rear and I'm afraid it was a ghost town- but Cala Milir which is close by did seem to have some little bit of life with a few shops open. It was during the day so I can't say if any restaurants or bars were open in CM. I'm afraid you haven't

chosen the best time to see the resort but if you have a car it's a nice time to travel around the island.

Edited: 06 February 2012, 07:48
westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Meant Cala Millor.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Hi Brian. Where are you staying in Sa Coma>

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

We are still waiting for directions to our accommodation but the address is Edificio 3 Marina Sa Coma, 145 Avenida Las Palmeres.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Hi Brian. Have you booked AOA? Have a good time and let us know where you end up!

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

I have no idea what AOA is!!!!

We have a car booked at the airport and have paid for the apartment so as far as I know there is nothing else to book!

Looking at the recent heavy snow in Majorca I may have to change the small car we have booked to a 4 x 4!

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Try calling to San Salvador, close to Felantix, wonderful views, also caves of Drach if it's open, next to Porto Cristo, both close by, I'm sure you will enjoy touring as the roads are good and should be reasonably quiet.

Mentioned in this post
San Salvador
San Salvador
Out Islands
Porto Cristo
Porto Cristo
Majorca, Spain
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Hi there AOA = allocated on arrival :-).

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Thanks, it is the first time I have heard that!

No way would I do that.

We have done our own arrangements for flights and accommodation so not used a travel agent or package deal.

There is a big supermarket not far from us so will be able to stock up on essentials like beer, wine, spirits and oh, probably some food too when we get there tomorrow afternoon!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sa Coma- will there be much open this month?

Sa Coma is a seasonal resort so most places will be closed 'til early April. Cala Millor is just along a bit so i'd expect it to be slightly more lively.

We love Majorca, been many times but we wouldn't go at this time of year, it'll still be pleasant and it'll be great to be able to drive around the island without the extra cars on the road that you'd expect - IN season.

A friend over there said that they'd had snow in Majorca a couple of weeks back but cleared away after a day, weather at the moment is apparently slightly cloudy, cool at night and occassionally a bit rain. The sun has been out though so you should be alright.

We tend to go to the one of the Canary Islands in winter, usually very warm, Canaries in winter, Spain or the Balearics in summer.

The Eroski supermarket is cheaper than any of the smaller, local shops like Spar, there are Spar shops all over the island! Enjoy your holiday!

Jambonian, Edinburgh.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Edinburgh