We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majorca in October.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
178 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Majorca in October.

Can we expect any good weather at the end of October? We are possibly thinking of staying at Puerto Pollensa or Sa Coma.

Can anyone recommend which may be the liveiest and whether the shops and bars will still be open? We would possibly stay All inclusive but would like a night out for a change. Thank you.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majorca in October.

I would expect Sa Coma to absolutely dead by the end of October with Puerto Pollensa probably the livelier although it will be quiet there to.

As for the weather end of October is likely to be a mixed bag, its at this time of year it changes for the worse. You could get some good weather but equally it could chuck it down and be blowing a hooly. If weather is your main concern I'd say go earlier.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majorca in October.

"Can we expect any good weather at the end of October?"

No is the simple answer. You might well get it, but to *expect* it, would be wrong.

cheshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majorca in October.

We went the last two weeks of October last year and it rained at night and on the last day. Although it should not really have bothered us as we should have been on the plane home at half nine in the morning but the plane dident actually take off till half eleven that night (Thomas Cook)

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Majorca in October.

October is traditionally when nature unleashes what is's been saving up all summer.

I've seen downpours in late October that fill the streets with 10cm of water within 1 hour. But outside of that, October can be very pleasant.

Trinet is right - it will be boring in Sa Coma - Cala Millor should be open and active, though.

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
390 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majorca in October.

I think we are going to book for half term and take a chance that we might get some warm weather, if it rains it rains, but if we went away in England it would still do that !!

Booking cala dor we think,

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majorca in October.

Ive been in october. Now we went for two weeks and it rained 3 days out of that time. The weather was ok, but the temperature is not as warm. On occasions i found that it was noticably less warm than august, but nevertheless we could still sun bathe.

the only downside was it was very dead in sa coma during that month, obviously everything was closing. In all honesty though we just travelled to the next towns so problem solved.

In truth....i personally wont book in mid october just because weather is much more unpredictable, but that doesnt mean you wont get the sun, because we did.

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majorca in October.

cala dor will be dead

i went from 16th to 23rd october 11 and it was very quiet, each day we were there more bars and restaurants started closing down for the end of season.

went same time the year after to palma nova and that was dead as well, their was some people about of a daytime but night was really quiet..

regards tracey

Edited: 27 June 2012, 23:19
8. Re: Majorca in October.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:16