We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

Hi. I've booked a transfer (hotel - Sa Coma to Airport). I've just read some reviews and I'm a little concerned that we may end up being on the bus for hours and miss our flight :-(

Has anyone used this company recently? Thanks in advance.

Spain
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

We used the company 3 weeks ago from the Airport to Calas de Mallorca and back.

Journey took 1 hour 50 minutes going to the hotel but 3 hours going back to the airport - we were picked up at 8.20 for a 1.30 flight.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 15:48
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

Oh dear, unfortunately I've booked and they won't refund so not a happy bunny :-(

I wish I'd booked with another company now but not prepared to lose the money. They have said they can't advise pick up time until day before. You were on the coach 3 hours . That's unbelievable. There must have been loads of pick ups.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

Dear Paragaluvva,

Shuttle transfers do take longer than private transfers because you have to pick up and drop off other customers at their resorts. Most only deal with two or three resorts that are close together.

The shuttle bus option offers great value for money and is considerably cheaper than a private transfer and quicker than a local bus.

If any problems do arise with your transfer whilst you are on holiday please do not hesitate to call our in resort team on the number provided on your voucher.

We hope you have a fantastic holiday!

alpharooms.com team

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

They are as good as any other transfer company . Yes there are horror stories but most of the time they do a good job . It is quite normal to have to contact them the day before ( or they contact you ) to let you know the exact pick up time . Just go with the flow and don't stress too much . Easy said I know : )

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

Thanks for your replies. We are travelling with hand luggage so don't need to be at the airport 2/3 hours before. We fly at 1.30 pm and were hoping to have a leisurely breakfast before the coach picked us up around 10.30 am but I don't think that's going to happen.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

Everything was fine. They faxed our hotel with details of our pick up time. Would not hesitate to use them again.

7. Re: Transfer by Viajes Urbis (booked through Alpha Rooms)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:16