We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sa Coma or Cala Millor

Romford, Essex
Level Contributor
146 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sa Coma or Cala Millor

I Know these resorts are close to each other, but out of the two I wondered which one was better for a couple in there late 20s. We want a lively compact reasort to have a wander round in the evening with a nice promanade with lively bars & nice resturants.

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sa Coma or Cala Millor

Probably Cala Millor - has more buzz about it

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sa Coma or Cala Millor

Second that

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sa Coma or Cala Millor

Sa Coma is a smaller resort but the beach is far better and more relaxing with more space, Cala Millor's beach is usually jam-packed with people but it is the bigger resort with more choice of bars, restaurants and entertainment. Sa Coma does have some nice restaurants and Delaneys, Britannia and Kings Head bars all have tribute acts on if you like that kind of thing. Cala Millor is not far away, wouldn't cost much in a taxi to get there at night and during the day Sa Coma has a roadtrain (Bahia Express) going to Cala Millor from near the Playa Dorada Hotel for only a few euros return, takes about 15/20 mins so a taxi would be only about 10 or less minutes to get there.

If you don't mind the overcrowded beach then Cala Millor would probably suit you best but if you want a bit of peace, less noise then Sa Coma would be preferable.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sa Coma or Cala Millor

The beach at Cala Millor is crowded at the Cala Bona end but the further you go up the beach towards Sa Coma ( the german end ), more space becomes available .

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sa Coma or Cala Millor

Depends entirely on time of year. In July and August, all beaches everywhere tend to be crowded. Anyone who suggest Sa Coma is any different really doesn't know the difference. They're all crowded (at the resorts, anyway).

The difference at Cala Millor is that the beach is much bigger, giving a bit more room to wiggle. There's also the added benefit of having a lot more "resources" at you fingertips - shopping, restaurants, bars, and between the south end of Cala Millor and the north end at Cala Bona, it's like your choice of different resorts and ambiance.

Neither resort is in any way undesirable. One of them just offers a little more.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sa Coma or Cala Millor

personally sa coma for me was way too quiet. theres some nice restaurants to choose from and a selection of bars, but theres not really much going on there for a couple in your 20's. There isn't a large amount of shops to mooch around either. Id say cala millor. I think both beaches will be busy to be honest, well I found sa comas was busy, but I admit not as busy as cala millor.

7. Re: Sa Coma or Cala Millor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Sa Coma