We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

kent
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

Recently widowed, but still taking holiday previously booked. Is Sa Coma a friendly resort for the lone traveller? Staying at the Palmeras Playa hotel, what is the arrangement for dinner do you sit at the same table throughout the holiday? Any info re hotel and resort would be helpful.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

When are you going? firstly the Palmeras is a great family hotel with a nice atmosphere so you have no wories there, theresort does quieten down a lot at the end of September though.

There were no set tables when i last went but its been refitted since then, it was just grab a free table. Sorry to hear your situation, i travel a lot with work so am used to being in hotels on the island on my own and never have an trouble finding people to chat to.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

That's kind of you trinet but it is more difficult for a lady.

I hesitate to be negative but it takes a lot of bottle for a recently-widowed lady to fulfil an hotel booking solo that was intended for both especially in a family hotel. If covered by insurance I would cancel and claim.

I enjoy solo holidays because I can get into conversations that I hope don't bore others in bars especially and I generally please myself. I have lived alone for a few years at a time so I know how to cope,how to behave and how to keep a place decent.But I have been on forced solo holidays post-divorce/break-up and even though I am quite a gregarious soul they were hard work.Too much solo time for reflection and excessive compensatory drinking.

kent
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

Thank you for answering my post so quickly. I am going to the hotel this Saturday. I am starting to look forward to the break if I am honest, had a lot stress lately just need to rest and recharge by batteries. What is the weather like at the moment?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

Good for you. The weather is just fine and for the near future.Odd thunderstorm which won't last long. Wishing you a great holiday.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

Yep enjoy your break, Sa Coma is lovely and the start of September is the best time to visit the island. There is a tourist road train which stops next to the Palmeras and runs between Sa Coma, Cala Millor and Cala Bona so getting around is easy. If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to message me.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

Hope you have a lovely restful break Lindy. Take lots of good books, a phone and an I pod, and do your own thing. If you feel like chatting to people, then I am sure most will welcome conversation, but sometimes you just don't feel like chatting so you can bury yourself in a book, or put your I pod earphones in, even if it's not turned on, it gives a good excuse not to speak to people!

kent
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

Thanks to all for your info and encouragement x

8. Re: recently widowed staying at Palmeras Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sa Coma