We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it just me

Which Sa Coma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Is it just me

or is anyone else suspicious of the reviews for a certain restaurant in Sa Coma? Most of the reviews are from 'first time posters'. Makes me a little bit wary of TA and to take all reviews with a very large pinch of salt.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it just me

Sadly pargaluvva its all to common. The temptation to raise the profile and give praise to their own establishments is just too much for some. I have seen many similar cases that have raised my suspicions due to the number of glowing reviews posted by firs time posters in a short space of time. One in particular I remember where the reviews were very similar in content and writing style. I know everyone has to have a first post, but I am always a bit wary I see someone taking the time and effort to join TA to just do I review from their time on holiday and then never post another review again.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,795 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it just me

I would always be suspicious of somewhere without a mixture of reviews and move on to something else.

I often find that one persons thumbs down ie no shoping mall or only local food, are my thumbs up so I like to see some general comments. Not just enthusiasm.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it just me

It's true everyone has to have a first post but strange that so many reviews are from first time posters?

In spite of this, I have had some good recommendations for restaurants through TA.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it just me

I think experienced TA users ignore the very top and very bottom rated reviews of an establishment and form their own judgment from the rump in between.I do.But as previously stated first time postings have to be taken with a pinch of salt.Hayzer knows.He has lots of experience.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it just me

Hi Wirral. IMHO Sa Coma isn't renowned for its restaurants so this year we opted for half board at the Marfil Playa and it was excellent. We got really good value for money and ate better than we would have in some of the 'restaurants. We like the food in a few places; namely Cafe del Mar and the small place in S'illot that has now closed :-(. BIA (formerly the Oasis) used to be good too.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it just me

I agree Protur Hotels are a first rate reliable brand.(I just got back from Protur Alicia in Cala Bona and I was HB).I think Cala Bona has a better variety of restaurants than Sa Coma even though it is smaller.But sometimes HB is more convenient.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it just me

Hi there WS. Think the Marfil Playa is actually a HIP hotel? Have stayed in a few Protur apartments and have to say the Marfil Playa was definitely as good on the food front, if not better.

8. Re: Is it just me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Sa Coma