We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

Has anyone been on the Thomson trip to Valldemossa. I'm nervous on high roads with hairpin bends snaking up the hillside. Any advice on this trip or others to avoid? Thanks.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

The road up to Valldemossa isnt too bad, depending on which way it approaches, if it comes from Palma you'll be fine, If from the north which i doubt id avoid it.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

Yes, where is the trip coming from? The route from Palma is fine, as is the route from Soller. I see you have posted on a thread about the port, no worries, the excursion won't be taking that part in.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

Hi We are staying in Sa Coma but usually like to take a trip or two. Thomson do a coach trip from Sa Coma to include the Orange Blossom train but I'm not sure if this involves many hair pin bends. I've been on the older roads in the past and loved the scenery but was just too anxious on those bends.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

Unless the return trip (following the outbound train journey) is by road and not train you won't be seeing any hairpin bends.The roads between Sa Coma and Palma are flat as a fluke.Even if it is a coach back from Soller it will take the tunnel route which is sharp bend-free. Before the tunnel opened you would not have coped with the road journey over the top.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

Thanks. That's very reassuring. I think I did go on the original route - hence my dread of hairpin bends!

6. Re: What excursions to avoid with hairpin bends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:15