We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
9 posts
Save Topic
Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

Travelling to Corralejo on March 22nd for 2 weeks with my family, aged 5,6,13 and then hubby and me. what type of clothing would you advise for this time of year?Do we need t-shirts,shorts or more long sleeved tops and cropped trousers?

Thankyou

also, any advice in general tailored to a family holiday in Corralejo greatly appreciated.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

t-shirts and shorts for day time and maybe long sleeved tops for evening as this time of year it can get a little chilly in the evening, where abouts you staying?

Wales
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

Staying in villa which is 1km from Corralejo,we are not going to hire a car as there are 6 of us going which would mean a larger car and also we dont mind walking,and intend to spend a lot of time at villa then at the beach.What do you think? Have you been or live there?

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

yes ive been to corralejo last july for a week and it was bloody hott!! going back this year, if you have never been to the baku water park before than i wouldnt bother, next to the water park is a little zoo thing that have sharks, sea lions thay also do shows with them, loads of parrots and other animals its well worth a visit, but if u do fancy a nice day out take a trip to the oasis park larger zoo great day that is,

Wales
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

ok,will make a note of that one, read a few posts about the water park and was thinking of not bothering,not to many good reviews and dont really want to pay to get into an attraction and then end up paying for more once you are in! what are the shops/markets like? will we be able to get BBQ food and essentials quite easily?

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,869 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

if your villa is on the coast you can walk into corra all the way on the beach witout having to use the footpaths...lovely walk....bbq food and all the rest is readilly available....just to point out...if its grocery shopping you want...go into the town centre and head left off the main strip...larger supermarkets there which the locals use...a good bit cheaper than the usuall ones.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

oh and as for the local market i think its twice a week, i defently know its there 1 day a week but it may be 2, and its located up next to the water park just a little further up the road, but to be honest i went last year and it wasnt worth the walk up there was about 30-50 stalls but every stall sold nearly the same items like watches,belts,handmade bead necklaces,sunglasses, and to be honest it was a load of crap was my opion, didnt really get chance to see much more of the island last year as was only there for a week but will do this year

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

you're using strong words today gazzer, but agree about the market. waste of time. you can get same things in the shops. jo, i would take a light weight summer jacket or thick cardigan to put on when it gets late. day time, it will be very hot and even if it is sunny, put sun cream on as the kids will get burned.buchananglasgow

Wales
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

Thanks everyone for your replies,stocked up on suncream ,got really high factor for us all,and going to pack summer clothes and also some small jackets and fleece cardis for the girls.

although we are not hiring a car for the whole time we are there,might hire for a day or a two just to have a good look around,are there car hire facilities in corralejo?but then,there will be 6 of us so would have to be bigger car,and just now thinking of car seats aswell, what are the laws with regards to booster seats for 5,6 yr olds, are they the same as in the UK?

N. Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

hiya, I've just returned from a week in corralejo and we never needed a long sleeved top the whole time, the weqahter was fantastic! we hired a car for 2 days and drove the whole island in a day, well worth doing. Dont bother about the water park either 110 euro to get in for us as a family and we ate in the restaurant....50 euro for minging burger and chips, so best not to bother. The zoo is well worth it though, it cost us 80 euro to get in but had loads of animals and shows.

I'm also just thinking if you're in a villa you'll probably have a washing machine and its easy to wash bits n bobs if you need them, thats what we done.

have a great time and ask away if you want to know more :)

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Corralejo next week,what do i pack???

no family so can't help with that but just got back and it was t-shirts and shorts daytimes - it was hot - then jeans and t-shirts and light jackets at night. Took a jumper but never needed it.

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations