We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Items lost in Corralejo

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Topic
Items lost in Corralejo

I know it's a long-shot, but there is much sentimental value in those things we left behind in Corralejo.I don't suppose there is much chance of every finding these much loved and missed items, but for one distraught wee daughter I will at least try.

So if anyone spots the items listed below please could you email me via the address on my profile:

1 ipod (the old type that plays videos - you can't buy them anymore)

1 Motorola Dext Smartphone complete with fluffy pink cover (very girly!)

1 Nikon DX40 SLR Digital camera - there won't be many of those large beasts about for sure.

Ah well, I feel a bit better just for asking, even though it's pretty silly really. Sadly I didn't get time to check around the second hand camera shops on the main street.

Cheers!

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

i must also say you stand no chance what ever in geting these back! sorry

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

I know :(

ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

Hi Purple and family welcome home, im so sorry you had a bad experience, your daughter must be distraught poor thing, i hope the insurance pays up i do no that when we were there last year my husband fell ill and he stayed in porto del rissario for 12 nights thankfully we had insurance , i must say the insurance payed out quickly about a month, i know you did say the items were more sentimental, look purple make sure you get compensated for the last few days of your holiday.

Keep in touch and let us no how you get on.

As a mother of a 11 yr old i no your little girl will be so upset god bless her.

Edited: 12 January 2010, 20:14
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

Thanks Ciara. A health problem sounds far more important than the loss of a few material things. Hope your husband made a good and full recovery. I will indeed keep you updated, though I am still waiting on the paperwork from Thomas Cook's insurance people AXA, so I haven't got very far at all as yet.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

Ah well that's the insurance claim for the burglary done and dusted. Blimey what a palaver. It's like writing war and peace. I'll let you know asap just how good Thomas Cook's travel insurance turns out to be. Watch this space.

PC :)

ps missing the canarian sun!

Essex,England.
Level Contributor
103 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

Hope you dont mind me asking but where did the burglary take place ?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

Hi there, In answer to your question; In our fully locked second floor apartment (A510) at Oasis Dunas Resort. Alledged thief caught on cctv walked in and out through reception during happy hour and probably headed for our place having watched us vacate it from the road outside, and with an eye on saving the planet, switch off our lights. Doh!

The whole sorry saga played itself out on my thread which was originally started so I could answer questions about the resort while I was in situ, for those who were planning a visit themselves. If you've got the time, grab a coffee and have a read:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580322-i10426-k…

Don't let it put you off though. Next time I'll rent a safety deposit box that most apartments have. I guess these type of open apartment complexes are more vulnerable than traditional hotels. Still, thats one brazen thief!

Essex,England.
Level Contributor
103 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about what happen.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

let me say thomas cook insurance aint that great in 2008 when we was in fuerteventura our flight home was delayed 24hours we sat in airport for over 8 hours before thay decided our flight wasnt turning up cos it got diverted to faro! so then we all got whisked out the airport an put up in a hotel for the night when we got home we got hold of insurance company an all thay payed us was just under £100 wasnt great but anyway we got a free extra night on a wonderful island

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Items lost in Corralejo

had a surprising conversation with a travel insurance person this week. they are usually a cagey bunch, but this one said that valuable items are often scoped out by the cleaner in advance, and then sometimes doors are left unlocked by them, or keys used by people from outside that they are in cahoots with. Often the valuables taken are literally things that are stolen to order that are then sold on almost immediately.Disclaimer: I am absolutely not suggesting in any way that this was the case with us. I am merely sharing a conversation. No accusations are being made here.

Funny thing about our break-in is that it appeared to be someone letting themselves in with a key and stealing valuables that were very thoroughly hidden away. They completely ignored otherdigital cameras and mp3 players in full view and instead knew exactly where to find a digital slr that was stored in a scruffy looking makeupbag underneath a pile of dirty laundry! Funny old business.

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo