We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Accommodation

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Accommodation

Hi, I am going to Corralejo in April with 3 other people and I am looking for recommendations for a Villa. What are peoples recommendations?

Also is the water park as bad as iv been hearing!

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Accommodation

I was talking to a friend of mine this week and he confirmed the waterpark isnt worth the trip.

As for the accommodation there is now four others coming and we would be looking for somewhere on the outskirts of the town, reasonably priced with a pool nearby, preferably near a beach. I have my eye on a couple but am hoping for a couple of suggestions from people who might have been aswell. Any suggestions appreciated, need to book this week!

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Accommodation

most people do find the water park expensive!! you have to pay to get in the park, then once inside you have to pay extra to use the big rubber rings in the water,

then the food aswell is pretty expensive,

also you are not only paying to use the water park it is also has a zoo joined to it where you can see many animals,

but still yes its very expesive not worth the money cost much less to spend a day on a great beach!!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
101 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Accommodation

I always travel self catering and use the holiday lettings website or the owners direct web-site

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Accommodation

I looked on those sites, but im after booking without leaving this one! I booked off the Vacation Rentals section. I went for this one: tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g580322…

It looks good, right on the dunes and close to Corralejo. Hopefully it turns out well !

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Accommodation

Hey Guys,

The Parque Natural area is a long walk from the town centre (probably 45 - 60 mins) but only 5 euro in a taxi. You will have a great view of the dunes but they will be very much in the distance and also quite a long walk away.

We stayed in the area last October and it was quite a treck home after a few pints and uphill!!!!

The villa does look nice though, so enjoy.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Accommodation

Im a bit late reporting back but thought id let ye know what I thought of the place.

In summary it was excellent. A small bit outside the town which means the place itself was quiet but only a couple of minutes in a Taxi (which only cost a few euro). Directly beside the sand dunes which was also good. The owner has a contact there who does airport runs (for a fee) which is handy too. And the owner himself is very prompt in replying to emails/texts.

The villa itself is great and is done to a very high standard with a communal pool close by.

So if you dont mind the short trip into town or the communal pool this place is ideal (though the owner did say he will be getting a private pool in after the summer).

Blackpool...
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Accommodation

Did you go to the Baku waterpark, and if so what did you think ?

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Accommodation

Between the pool at the Villa and the beach I was happy enough to give the water park a miss

9. Re: Holiday Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo