We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

Scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

I've read that this hotel has gone downhill a bit in the last couple of years, particularly regarding the food. Has anyone been recently? If so, any info generally about the hotel, and the food in particular, would be really helpful as we need to choose our hotel within the next few days.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

cheshire
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

Hi we have been to this hotel about 8 or nine times it is really lovely we have ben going since 2003 ish. We are going back in two weeks and went in dec for 3 nights. We like staying at nice hotels and it always meets our expectations. The food is good and we are both a bit picky but always manage to eat well. Breakfast is good fruit juices, cava, hot drinks, meats and cheeses, eggs however you like, omelettes made as you want them my husbands favourite. Enough to cover a continentel breakfast and a full cooked breakfast. Evening meal has the same choice and some lovely puddings. We went and stayed at the Grand Bahia Real last june for a change and it was lovely but my husband preferred the bluebay I like both but the grand bahia is alot more expensive and the food on par. Hope this helps we have recommended this hotel to friends and family and nobody has been disapointed.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

we have also been going to this hotel for last 3years was last there in august 2009,

an yes i have to admit it gone a little down hill but not to much that makes a big notice,

breakfast i could never fault great choice of what every you want,

only problem we found with the food was after about 10days we found it a bit boreing, there is always some kinda meat on the carvery, or you could have a stir fry cooked in front of you, and thay always have fish or steaks or sausages cooking on the other grills, we found the food wasnt always hot hot, but like cplacey said you can always find something!

puddings i did find very boreing as its always the same cakes, must say though the strawberry ice cream is beautiful!

also in the evening we always found it best to go for dinner either when the resturant first opens or 45mins before closeing, if you go between this time we always found it very full, but that was in high season,

also found some of the waiters pretty rude! we would sit down an order our drinks before geting our food but if a german or spanish person sits down at same time as you then you will get served last! this was only manuel that was like this!

Scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

Hi there cplacey & gazzer

Thanks so much for getting back to me - and so quickly! Lots of good info in your replies. I think that's the decision made - we'll book the Blue Bay right now!

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

im pretty sure u have made a great choice!! this hotel is pretty impressive, when we first visited this hotel we got a taxi from the airport an we pull up out side the blue bay, it must of been about 10pm an when me an my partner got out the taxi we both looked at each other an at same time we went WOWWWWW looks amazeing!! an it carrys on inside the hotel itself is spotless!!!! the maids in this hotel really do a great job, i havent been to many hotels where maid service is 7days a week if you want it, an thay clean this room from top to bottom every day!

Scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

Hi there once again,

Thanks very much for all the really valuable input. Tripadvisor subscribers are great!! We have now booked!

6. Re: Blue Bay Hotel, Corralejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo