We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oasis dunas

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
oasis dunas

hello had to cancel my accomadation in oct so now looking at oasis dunas , couple of points . Thomas cook seem to run kids clubs etc , tried to book through them but no availability , will we still be able to use them, asked local travel T/C ABOUT AS MUCH USE AS CHOC TEAPOT . And i know the pools are saltwater how as anyone found this for the little ones , would hate to not be able to use them . thanks very much and if anyone knows of better place for kids please let me know .

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oasis dunas

Lol! The pools are all saltwater and unheated. The saltwater wasn't a problem but in January when the temperature was in the mid seventies (in old money) the pools were freezing. When you go you might appreciate a cool pool, but in January very few adults and around half a dozen kids had the pools mostly to themselves.

The whole pool area is very attractive. I am hearing that there has been a refurb so it could be even nicer. You might want to check if the apartments have been included in the refurb (see other Oasis Dunas thread) as in January the two rooms we had were frankly dire. A couple of photos here on my review:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

There were kids activities on offer for much of the day run by Thomas Cook and although I didn't have need of them, they seemed to be on a fairly informal basis. They would make announcements on the tannoy around the pool whenever there was something new about to start.

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oasis dunas

Great entertainment in the evening for the kids too!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oasis dunas

After a few dire reviews, mine included, a few one-post wonders have given Oasis Dunas 5 star reviews.

What alerts me to the authenticity of one is where they write: " the rooms are really clean and the maids are always around with fresh towels and bedding. "

They only changed our towels a handful of times during our week, and not at all for the last three days, ew! Bedding was changed just once and was threadbare, thin and kept sliding off the bed which had no mattress protector. The towels had seen better days too and the walls were splattered with squashed dead mossies. The bathroom left a lot to be desired. I could go on, but photos speak louder than words:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

I wonder if someone is trying to get the bad reviews off the first page? They are succeeding.

Save Reply
4. Re: oasis dunas

Hi I own an apartment on the oasis dunas and if you want you can book directly with me 150 euro per week for a one bed we have had the apartment re painted brand new bed linen and towels the entertainment in the evening in the public areas is free for all the kids club is run by Thomas cook and direct holidays however if you wish you can book in your child or children into some activities at acost of 5 or 10 euro depending on the activity for example my grandson was there in June and week to the wizard evening at a cost if 10 euros he had a ball and my daughter and her husband had 3 hours to them selves all three had a great week there if you want further info contact me on berniehanlon@gmail.com

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oasis dunas

Hi bernadette, are Eduardo, his lovely dog, and Letitia still there?

6. Re: oasis dunas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 05:16