We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the Oasis Papagayo appartments safe?

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Are the Oasis Papagayo appartments safe?

In a week i am going to these appartments, i am getting quite put off by some of the awful reviews. Are the apparments that bad and unsafe?

Many thanks.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the Oasis Papagayo appartments safe?

Hi

I have not been to these apartments for 2 years..everything was fine then.

But some friends have just came back from there and didnt like it at all.

I think you should check out the recent reviews on this web site and also have a look at the comments made on the forum at www.fuerteventura.com

It looks like the place is going downhill fast and Thomsons are pulling out.

I think you need to consider changing your accommodation if possible. If you have booked via a travel agent you could take copies of the recent reviews and ask for a change ?

Good luck

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the Oasis Papagayo appartments safe?

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have spoken to Thomsons who i booked the holiday with and said i was quite worried after what i have read but they just said dont worry it will be fine some people just like to moan. But it seems that a lot of people are saying the same thing. I go in less than a week now so i think it may be too late to change.

Have your friends added a review to read on here?

Thank you Jo.

Fuerteventura...
Level Contributor
837 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the Oasis Papagayo appartments safe?

As with most places, crime tends to be opportunist and sensible precautions will help, but sadly may not always prevent those who are determined to steal from others. Please see this link for general advice www.leisurezone.es/beforeyougo3.html

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the Oasis Papagayo appartments safe?

Hi Jo

Our friends have not posted a review but are making a complaint to Thomsons....I have asked them for more info and there complaints were...dirty room on arrival that had to be cleaned 'again'...towels full of holes and threadbare. The genral state of the complex...rubbish strewn about, cracked tiles and overgrown gardens and pools that didnt appear very clean. They stayed self catering and only ate once whilst there after hearing complaints about the food and people being ill.

They did add in fairness that the childrens reps and animation team did work very hard and the kids enjoyed themselves. However they would not stay at these apartments again. They felt that the place was being run down pending refurbishment and this was why Thomsons were not offering the place after October.

Holidays are what you make of it....we have been to these apartments three times...in 2006 2007 and 2008 and had a great time...its sad to hear that things are not so good.

Looking at the most recent reviews on here....the last 2 are for December last year and one for 3 years ago (whats the point in that)..reviews prior to that are mostly bad.

I hope this helps...is there no way Thomsons would be prepared to move you ?...they do several other apartments in Corralejo ? Looking at their web site they are offering Atlantic Gardens....nice complex... and even better Las Marismas...we have been there twice..excellent apartments.

My advice is...change if at all possible...you could make in clear in writing that if you find the accomodation below standard you will collect evidence and take action ?

hope everything turns out ok........

5. Re: Are the Oasis Papagayo appartments safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo