We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis dunas

derry ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis dunas

Am going to oasis dunas for a week on Jan 1st and am slightly worried by some reviews, I had checked it out before I booked but am worried by some of the new reviews and I upgraded to half board which is now worrying me even more.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
903 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis dunas

Hi there, just wanted to say that for every 1 bad experience, there's probably at least 50 good experiences - we just never think to praise, only complain!

I really wouldn't worry too much, you'll only spoil the anticipation and your holiday - we went away last year, having booked a hotel in Turkey that had some really poor reviews (hadn't looked on TA until after we booked it), and were that worried we were on the point of cancelling the day before. I'm so glad we didn't, we had a fantastic time. It wasn't the best of hotels, admittedly, but it certainly wasn't as bad as people were making it sound, and the negative aspects had been very exaggerated!

Enjoy your New Year break in the sunshine!

Edited: 16 September 2010, 08:49
Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis dunas

We enjoyed it going again in Feb.

Yes the rooms could do with a lick of paint but had no complaints.

One mans normal is another mans weird

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis dunas

Which company have you booked with. If you get one of the private apartments I understand that they can be quite good.

derry ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis dunas

We are going with thomas cook always use them.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis dunas

I can only speak of my own experience with thomas cook at this resort. the room we had earlier this year was rather tired, and that's after we refused another which which directly overlooked the bins and loud cooking vent from the restaurant.

There are however plenty of people who have had a good time. As long as you know what to expect thats half the battle, and most will cope just fine. The rooms are rudimentary, the boiler has enough hot water for two shortish showers, the towels are a bit ragged and the bedding thin and old. Renting and using the safe is a must, as we discovered to our cost. Best leave a light on when youre out. As long as it's clean and the sun is shining you should have a great time, but you can understand why the Thomas Cook website which uses Tripadvisor reviews is currently saying 'no reviews available' for Oasis Dunas, lol!

It's certainly great to have a fridge and kettle and the bottled water at their shop is pretty cheap. Some great restaurants in the vicinity and fantastic beaches. Try not to worry. You'll probably have a ball!

6. Re: Oasis dunas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations