We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a little help.. again!

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a little help.. again!

Hi All,

Have been offered a fairly good deal on a holiday in August to the Barcelo Corralejo Bay Hotel.

As I said in a previous post, We having never been to Corralejo.

Is there a nice beach close to the hotel & also how far is this hotel from the resort area bars/restaurants etc. Is it walking distance to town at night & has it good/safe footpaths or would I need a taxi.

Here is an other question regards the hotel. Is this the type of place that I will have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a sun lounger, dont fancy going through that pantomime for a fortnight, have seen this practice in other hotels over the years & it always depresses me to see.

Regards Davie.

wirral
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a little help.. again!

hi

We had a fabulous week in november!!

Booked hotel only and price for HB was only £30 more for all of us.... so we opted for HB and always found reasonable choices in hot n cold buffet!!!

Small beach just a few minutes away..... and plenty of bars/cafe within 5 mins.......... just loved the harbour area....and hope to return soon...

Not sure about summer months but we had no problem finding a free sunbed anytime of day...

hope this helps

Wendy

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a little help.. again!

ive stayed at this hotel 3times in last few years, all being in august, i think the pool either opens at 9am or 10am an once the pool chaps take the chain down on opening time its crazy!! yes people are queing an its run like crazy to get a decent sun bed, an where the floor is so slippery ive seen many people end on there bums!! an most of these people put there towles down an you wont see them again till midday,

the hotel use to have a policy where you cant reserve sunbeds but not sure if this still in place??? but no one listen to it!! i use to find a place where i wanna sit on a sunbed an just take there towels of the beds an when thay ask why i done it i told them read the policy!!! so yes it does get very annoying makes a holiday a bit of a pain when people have to do that!

the hotel is in great location to everything, come out the hotel cross the road turn right walk a few feet an you walk down a little walk way straight onto the local beach!

the main strip where bars, shops , resturants are within 5min walking distance

Falkirk
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a little help.. again!

We've stayed at this hotel at various times of the year and can never remember having a problem with loungers. I suppose it all depends on the guests at the time. Since it was taken over by Barcelo last summer, there are more Italian guests. A good hotel in a great location, 200 yards from the main strip and the same from Waikiki beach, where you'll find a couple of beach bar/restuarants. A good variety of bars and eateries in the resort too.

There are good footpaths with cycle lanes alongside and as the hotel is 2 minutes from the strip you won't need a taxi.

The hotel also runs a free bus to the Dunes, which you can book at reception. You book both outward and return times but we found if you want to return earlier you aren't allowed on the bus and have to get a taxi back into the resort. Taxi's aren't expensive though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a little help.. again!

Thanks all for the info sounds like the place for us, We will just head to the beach if the hotel sun loungers become an issue.

Going on the 13th August would love to buy anyone from the forum a beer if your in town then.

Cheers & Kind Regards

Davie.

5. Re: Looking for a little help.. again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations