We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oasis papagayo location

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midlands
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
oasis papagayo location

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how far the nearest nice beach (not town beach) is from these apartments.

Also is there another supermarket close by as we have heard the onsite one is expensive.

Is the walk into corralejo pleasant as we have a young son and don't fancy walking alongside a busy dual carriageway type road.

belfast
Level Contributor
627 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oasis papagayo location

Hi there.

The aparts as far as i can remember r jus up behind the waterpark about 10 min stroll into the town which is not dual carriage type. The nearest beach out of town is flag beach with the sand dunes which is lovely some hotels run a courtesty bus check this with ur hotel. Hope u have a lovely time

Edited: 15 May 2011, 18:09
Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oasis papagayo location

There is another supermarket at bottom of car park.

Hipperdino at CC Campinaro about 10 minutes walk.

Papagayo didnt do courtesty bus but that was 2 years ago.

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: oasis papagayo location

Hiya,

If your hotel doesn't do a courtesy bus, there is a bus stop (with a red shelter) directly outside the hotel that stops at the large hotels on flag beach (and then continues to Puerto Del Rosario), the dunes are only about a 5 minutes ride too.

Opposite the Hiperdino supermarket at the El Campanario is a British Food store, predominantly freezer food, but they do cereals, choccy biscuits, juice and other food that you may want, it is pricier than in England (obviously as it has to get over here, but still good british brands). The Hiperdino is pretty good for all sorts :-)

Hope this helps

Caffe Latte :-D xx

aberdeen
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: oasis papagayo location

daytripper097 - have stayed at the Oasis Papagayo before and can advise it's 3Km to the Dunes (i.e. the start of the 10Km of Grandes Playas at Flag Beach) - took me about 30 minutes to walk, so wouldn't advise re your young son. The walk into town is pleasant enough - downhill on the way there - but I'd say takes more like 20-25 minutes, so could agan be a bit arduous on foot..

Caffe Latte - far be it from me to advise a local, but would be grateful if you could confirm your bus info. I have a feeling the stop you mention is on the No 8 El Cotillo route (which goes nowhere near the Dunes) not the No 6 to Rosario via the Dunes. It would be good to know for future reference if this has changed. Cheers.

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: oasis papagayo location

Hiya yeah no worries about wanting extra info.

The bus to Puerto Del Rosario (No 6) definitely runs in front of the Papgayo hotel (it has changed it's route over recent months as it never used to), it then turns back down past the Guardia Civil building not far from the El Campanairo centre and then continues out of town towards the dunes. If you are standing at the red bus shelter in front of the Papagayo hotel the bus will stop for you :-D

Caffe Latte xx

aberdeen
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: oasis papagayo location

Terrific - many thanks for the clarification.

7. Re: oasis papagayo location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 09:24
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo