We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oasis village.

swansea
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
oasis village.

Booked to go to the oasis village in july,not sure what to do,, should i change hotels?The reviews are getting worse! Help any advice would be great..

London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oasis village.

hi we are booked here in june we have also been constantly checking the reviews we found out the pools are being redone, and closed which is causing all sorts of mayhem , THOMAS COOK ARE AWARE ! and are phoning people a day before to let them know which is discraceful , food is not upto standard either we are dreading it , we personally think this is a health and safety issue , thomas cook should be ashamed we will never book with them again

surrey
Level Contributor
317 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oasis village.

hi

its horrible when you have booked to go somewhere and all you see is bad reviews, this happened to us a few years ago, we was going to menorca and the place we had booked, had good reviews when we booked 9 months before, then all of a sudden they were terrible.

We save up all year like everyone does to have a holiday so we changed it to a beeter hotel with excellent reviews.

Yes we had to pay admin fees and slightly more money but it was peace of mind, if your not happy then change it if you can.

We now get flights ourself and rent a villa with good reviews, it has not let us down yet.

Hope you have a great holiday corralejo is lovely.

x

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oasis village.

been on the phone with tc about the hotel today .

trying to move hotel(will cost us 500)

as usally they have hd no reports about food or pools closed

our neighbours went at xmas and loved it.

over the past few months the reviews have got worse

London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oasis village.

thomas cook are aware !!!!as we have been on the phone all day, they are trying to charge us 600 to change our hotel even thou they have already had 170 out of us as we had changed from the costa caleta hotel due to bad reviews 4 weeks ago ! so in total to change hotel only same flight same dates it will cost us£ 770 ! they care nothing about their customers only what they can get out of us grrrrr !

swansea
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oasis village.

Thank you all for ur replies!Had a email from thomas cook,they just dont care! I will never book with them again!

London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oasis village.

hi what did they say ? did you mention its a health and safety matter i am fighting this like mad as its wrong they can send people to a hotel that is not upto standard try threatening them with trading standards and watchdog i have told them people just back are doing that and who can blame them

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oasis village.

maybe we should all contact watchdog

Falkirk
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oasis village.

If the pools are not available then they are not providing the product as described in their brochure. If they were aware of this, then I'm sure, they should have sent out notification to all who had booked and as most other companies offered alternative accommodation or dates to anyone who was not happy with the changes to described product in the brochure. They are effectively breaking their contract with you. Tell them you will be taking them to the small claims court take claim against them, that might get them to do something about it.

Check out ' Holiday Which' for some help. It may fall under....

For a claim to be considered, you’ll need to prove that the tour operator has broken the terms of the holiday contract. These are known as express or implied terms. Examples of express terms are where the brochure promises full board or water-skiing. Implied terms are those which aren’t spelled out in the contract. For example, your holiday should be of a reasonable standard bearing in mind the price you paid.

Edited: 21 May 2011, 21:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: oasis village.

yes a good idea theres another one come through says its ok but food not good, rooms tired needs revamp , i hope you manage to sort things out if we do go there i will let you know how bad it is

London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: oasis village.

thankyou this is very helpful its so unfair they can do this people save all year for this and to be dreading going just isnt right , so theres 3 pools so would you have a claim if one was still open ? and inedible food on ai does that count to thanks so much

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations