We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rate?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange rate?

Hi Guys,

Whats the best rate available over there?

I can get €1.2 to the £ here but havebeen advised that its better to travel with sterling and change over there?

Any advice on this much appreciated.

Dan

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange rate?

Its 1.20 across the road from where I work at the moment.

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange rate?

€1.21 at Tescos at moment.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange rate?

Cheers. Ill get some here and see how my spending goes!

Roughly what would you need for 2 of us for a week? Were ok to make a few sandwiches at lunch but will eat out every night. A few nice meals, a few average. The odd day trip but mostly just cruising around on foot chilling at the beach.

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange rate?

Its hard to say without knowing a persons spending habits but i live comfortably on 100 per week but i.m not on holiday. You can eat out for 2 people for as little as 25 euros. Pints in some places are 2 euros. The Casbah in the old town (Calle de Iglesia) does an Early Bird Deal between 5-7pm (anything off the menu is 5.99.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange rate?

Have a quick look about before you change your sterling. This is what I got this afternoon, I live just north of Glasgow but I think the places I priced will have branches in most major towns. Cheque Centre they were offering 1.22 dead, Ramsdens were offering 1.2287 and went into Money Shop a couple of doors along as their board was blank. They said 1.226? and I said thank you but no Ramsdens are giving 1.2287 will just go there and the girl behind the counter said I'll give you 1.23. It might only be a fraction of a difference but worth the little bit of barter. Result £552.85 worked out at 680 euro. 0% commission.

devon
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange rate?

Hi

We spend a lot of time in Corralejo and have roughly the same habits as you described and we budget on 100 euros a day.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange rate?

Thanks for all your replies. We fly today and i cannot wait!

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange rate?

We also budget 100 euros a day. This usually includes sun bed hire, a newspaper, lunchtime snack, bus fare to the dunes, evening meal and a few drinks after.

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange rate?

Todays rate across from my work is 1.21 (1 up from Tuesday)

10. Re: Exchange rate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations