We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any problems with mossies?

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
any problems with mossies?

We due to arrive on 26th jan (cant wait) our first time in corralejo. Could any one let me know what the mossies are like at this time of the year, dont want to go unprepared and get eaten alive. Thanks in advance for any info.

scotland
Level Contributor
16,732 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any problems with mossies?

Its not a huge problem ,no worries , open windows and lights attract them !!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
387 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any problems with mossies?

I have ben on many occasions in the past to feuta not spciffically corellejo and have never seen a mosquito in february, a few in a september though

Edited: 15 January 2013, 16:23
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any problems with mossies?

Thanks everyone thats good to know .

Donni
Level Contributor
453 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any problems with mossies?

We were there for Christmas and there were quite a few mozzies about which surpised me.

I saw several people with bites. I got one on the first day so used my spray after that and was Ok.

Take your spray too be on the safe side!

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any problems with mossies?

We were there for New year & got bitten a few times, didn't think we would so I hadn't used my Avon skin so soft dry oil body spray (best mozzie spray for me !!), after using this not one bite !!! As said before go prepared rather than suffer the discomfort !!

Julie.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any problems with mossies?

You will definitely need your spray. We have been to Corralejo for the last 3 years in January and you do get bothered by them in the evenings, but you will be fine if you use your spray.

7. Re: any problems with mossies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo