We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where next??

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
suffolk
Level Contributor
91 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Where next??

hi everyone after some advice we have stayed 3 times n Corralejo now and love it but would like to venture out and stay somewhere else, what we love about Corralejo is the stroll to the harbour in the evenings we arent into english bars but love the looky looky shops and the vibrancy of the town. we have driven out to Caleta but its a bit too english for us, we get enough of that back home and whilst we dont mind some english restaurants and pubs we also like the choice of something a little different. can anyone reccomend an area for us to consider we have seen pics of the beach at Jandia but as we arent sporty wondered if this might not be for us, but it looks stunning. any advice appreciated planning for June time now.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where next??

I would say Morro Del Jable, Jandia is your only choice really and it is very much geared towards the Germans. We are considering trying Jandia next time as we have also tried Corralejo a few times and Costa Calma.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where next??

El Cotillo is beautiful but in my opinion not enough to keep you entertained for a week. Although the beaches are beautiful and the sightseeing is adorable. Perhaps you could base yourself here and then maybe day trips to other locations. Puerto del Rosario is great for sightseeing and shopping and has loads of wonderful sculptures. It also has lots of quaint little traditonal restaurants and bars. I agree about Caletta de Fueste but of course to some people that is the appeal. The area itself though is very friendly and it also has some of the most welcoming bars on the island. Further south down the island lots of small villages with brilliant homely local restaurants. But I am biased to say you can't beat Corralejo in Fuerteventura so maybe a couple of day trips from here. Lobos, El Cotillo and why not try Lanzarote for the day. Twenty odd Euros and less then thirty minutes away ! Whatever you decide for your next break one things for sure it is hard to beat Fuerteventura for friendliness, restaurants, beaches and cleaniness.

Bristol England
Level Contributor
437 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where next??

I suggest the Jandia area, not as many shops but plenty to make up for that. To make the most of the area I suggest a hire car unless you like to walk for miles. Dont forget to explore the west coast as well.

Enjoy.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where next??

I agree with Corralejo Dave - El Cotillo - you can always have the odd day back at Corralejo, and it is a bit more authentic.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where next??

Stick with Corralejo, that's my advice! I loved it so much the first time I came for a 7-day holiday that I bought a house on the 6th day! We moved 3 months later and have been living here for almost a year now and haven't regretted it once!

A hire car will enable you to explore El Cotillo (lovely beaches), Lajares on a Saturday morning for the craft market and evening entertainments, the restaurants in Villaverde, the great café opposite Inpescasa in Antigua that does an incredible Bacón Especial (bacon and everything) roll for next to nothing, Pepe's goat farm at Betancuria, Caleta and the south of the island if you like the atmosphere (we don't, although the enormous market at Costa Calma is interesting)...

You can also take the car over to Lanzarote if you can afford it and if the hire company allows it. Otherwise, visit Lanzarote anyway - a day as a foot passenger isn't too expensive, particularly if you can book a couple of months in advance. Playa Blanca is a very nice place for a day out, with 3 beaches, or take in an evening there with an overnight stay. Or go on an organised excursion to the Timanfaya active volcano and/or the enormous Teguise (careful, it's NOT Costa Teguise) Sunday morning market). The landscape is very different from over here and is dead impressive. I love living here; and I love going over there for a change. You may well see flying fish on the way over, and some people are lucky enough to see dolphins, too.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where next??

I also recommend Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Stunning marina area, lots of shops and restaurants, a lovely walk along the very long prom, great beaches, especially Playa Dorada one.. Travelled quite a bit in Lanzarote and no other resort I visited matched up to Playa Blanca.

halifax england...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where next??

Jandia

Bristol England
Level Contributor
437 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where next??

I am puzzled that so many talk about visiting Lanzarote when Fuerteventura has so much to offer.It is a magical place but it needs exploring. The west coast and the centre of the island are so different than the two "English" resorts on the east coast. Then of course there is the south which below Gran Tarajal is a world of its own.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where next??

Yes, do consider the south of Fuerteventura (e.g. Costa Calma, Jandia Town and Morro Jable) where you easily step from quite a few hotels onto a 17 mile pretty much unbroken stretch of beach.

Shangri-la
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where next??

you could stay anywhere really if you had a car for the day. everywhere is do able.

must sees are el cotillo, there are three different beaches there and the white sand and lagoons are amazing.

ajay on the west coast, and bettancuria are wonderful. further south lots of open sand, but the best beach is cofette, but you do need a small car.

best car rentals is eco car. around £80 for a week.

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo