We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

First of all, i did check this out and until this point there was nothing that made me worry at all.

But, the owner sent over all the details of the accommodation today, how to get there etc, and I can't find this place on Google maps at all. She also says she doesn't have a postcode and despite me asking twice, hasn't given me any landmarks.

This is the address I have (actual number withheld): xx Manzana 3 Calle Amagante.

Don't want to ask her any more questions because I'm obviously starting to annoy her, so can anyone help me out as to where this villa might be?!

Thank you :-)

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
777 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

Hi There is this the place you are looking for ...

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I just typed in the street name , im not sure which part of the island you are staying in ,,,,

Edited: 14 March 2013, 17:33
england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

are you sure this is in Fuerteventura? an not tenerife?? if this is in fuerteventura which part of the island if you know?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

That google map links not working... When i search for the street name though it takes me to the main strip in corralejo. This place is apparently 3km from the centre of corralejo.... Anyone know if that street goes on for a couple of miles? It doesnt look that way on google maps......

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

Yes, its in corralejo. (supposedly)

Torbay UK
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

www.yelp.com/biz/francisco-de-luis-corralejo

If you look at this website there is a map.

If you can correlate this map to google maps then you will find the street you are looking for, a fair way outside Correlajo centre.

Hope it helps

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

Yay thank you 'suncrestroofing'. Strangely when you put that address into Google maps it takes you somewhere completely different but I've found it now and looking at the shape of the swimming pools and stuff I'm pretty certain they're the ones.

Thanks again; feeling quite a bit better now :-)

Torbay UK
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

Happy to be of help, enjoy your holiday.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

It looks like you are in a villa "suburb" of corralejo, El Capellania. The good news is that this is close to the resort of El Cotillo, one of the less spoilt and original resorts in Fuerteventura. The bad news is it is a 10 minute drive to the centre of Corralejo. You will be able to get taxis in and out, but you may be better off hiring a car. In the area where you are there is a supermarket and a couple of bars so you wont need to go into town for a drink, but it is a fair drive from the beaches. Make sure you hire a car. It should not cost more than 100 GBP for the week. From the airport, head to Corralejo and then skirt the town to the south heading back towards Villaverde and La Oliva, you wont miss the turning on the right. dont think you are missing out on too much in Corralejo since most of the villas nowadays are on the edge of town (e.g. Parc Nationalle), so most people get taxis in to town. The villas nearer the town centre tend to be older and less well equipped, and the villas on the seafront are really expensive! Enjoy your holiday, but Hire a Car!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

We were considering hiring a car, but the owner of the villa said its five euros for a taxi into corralejo. Do u think theyre underexaggerating and its more?

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Starting to worry that my accommodation's not real...

you need a car for the beach and during the day to get to the real non-tourist supermarkets. Taxi will be 5-6 euros, plenty coming back at night but you will need to telephone for one to get them to come out. you will feel stranded without a car. A 4 door hatchback (polo) will be about £80 for the week, the same as getting a taxi all week! You then wont need airport transfers, etc. There is a good strand on car hire, I always use Top Car AutoReisen, but people also highly rate Cicar.

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo