We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out on a budget

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out on a budget

Hi all,

After a break of a few years to visit other destinations we're returning to Corralejo this summer and cant wait. We've been visiting since 1994. We love eating out and enjoying the evening atmosphere but unfortunately due to an impending redundancy which landed on our laps after we booked the holiday we're going to have to enjoy our evenings on a budget this year.

That's where we could do with some advice. Can anyone suggest good places to eat out on a budget? Realistically we're looking at around 10 euros a head not including drinks. We could just stock up in the supermarket and eat in every night but that's just not in our spirit of fun. Last time we visited we tried one of the Chinese buffets and it was excellent for the price, can I remember where it was?

We're staying at the Papagayo Oasis this year so on a positive note we're on the edge of the resort and anywhere is game for a visit.

76 days to go..............

Thanks in advance.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out on a budget

So sorry to hear your bad news hope you both get through it okay , there are lots of places where you can eat out for less than 10 euros I know there are the Chinese buffets but I don't think that that would be so great night in night out why not look on the recommended restaurant section in trip advisor there are loads of options I really hope you have a great time on the island and hope that you find another job .

Edited: 25 April 2013, 23:51
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out on a budget

Hi Philno3, thanks for your kind words. Prospects are good so we're staying positive. Thanks for the tip about the restaurant section, will nip over there now.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out on a budget

Try Avenida Restaurante, just off the old town, we got it recommended to us by the guy that does the catamaran trip, great value and lots of the locals eat there. Ranked number 24 in Corralejo but I really don’t go by that as I like to eat authentic local food.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out on a budget

One of the better Chinese buffets is the one near the Commercial Centre near the Old Town, I think it's called Hong Kong. I also agree about Avenida, very good value. Also Rosie O'Gradys, which is on the same street, you don't need a starter or dessert as the portions are massive. There are plenty of other reasonably priced places around, I don't think you'll need to eat in your apartment.

Unfortunately, I was also made redundant just before Christmas last year and have had no luck with finding a job so far. However, I won't let that stop me having a great holiday when I return in September (the other half may just have to subsidise me!!!)

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out on a budget

try cafe Cafe Antiguo del Puerto by the harbour - its a tapas bar where dishes start at 2-3 euros per item. 2-3 per person is about enough, so you can get at under 10 euro per head, The food is amazing!

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating out on a budget

You could also try Kasbah next door to Blue Rock. All home made and excellent value for money with a great atmosphere thrown in!

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating out on a budget

Thank you all for your helpful replies, there's plenty to explore there. The restaurant guide was a great help too.

@ ILUVZANTE, that's the one! Hong Kong. Looked it up on Streetview. Great place with very friendly staff and good food. Can almost taste it now....... Fingers crossed things on the job front improve for you soon.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,731 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating out on a budget

Bad news about the Hong Kong, I'm afraid - it closed! But there are at least two others; one on the same side of the street and the other one tucked away on the other side further up. Actually, if you're happy with a 2 course meal and no drink, you can eat for a tenner in a lot of places here. There are some particularly good offers for lunch if you don't mind doing things that way. A couple of the Indian restaurants do very good all-in menus for well under 10€ (actually, they do good deals in the evening too); Manolos opposite Rock Island Bar do a great lunch deal. Kasbah has very interesting early evening rates.

Frankly, I don't think you need to worry too much. Kudos to you for choosing to use the restaurants instead of putting all your money into one hotel's AI pot! :) I'm sure they'll do you proud!

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
295 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating out on a budget

I would definately recommend Avenida (closed on Mondays) as a great place to go and there is also an Italian place called Da Uli in the side street to the main street (the side street where the red cross is in) Da Uli is closed on Thursdays but offers amazing food and all only for a few Euros...

Citrus is another option to go to, just off the main street opposite the big ben centre.. they do a lot of asian and mexican dishes all great value for money...

Enjoy your time and don't worry, Corralejo is really a place where you can really enjoy your food without spending a fortune !!!

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating out on a budget

Thanks Mr Blue Sky, good luck on the job front to you too.

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo