We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sc or allincl

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
330 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sc or allincl

fancy corralejo in sept, 9th / 20th just wondering if it is easy to find places to eat and drink or must it be all incl,also which is the best beach area as we love the beach, also any recommendations for where to stay we are mid 40s and like to have a wander around in the evening,thankyou

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sc or allincl

Stay in Town and consider Self Catering - Corralejo is really cheap for food / drink at the moment and there are excellent restaurants by the harbourside and at Music Square at the end of the main strip. Quality of restaurants on the main strip isself is questionable, but I like the Chinese and Indian restaurants there. Teh best beaches are out of town, about 3 miles to the south, so consider hiring a car.

Falkirk
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sc or allincl

I agree, stay in the town & take the SC option. Loads of great places to eat & drink.

devon
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sc or allincl

S.c every time !! Support the local bars and restaurants they are outstanding😎

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sc or allincl

S/C all the way !! Some lovely restaurants & bars, La Playita overlooking town beach being one of our favourites.

Julie

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sc or allincl

Like all the others, The only way is SC. There are tons of decent restaurants or cheap eateries. The amount of bars will spoil you. If you want to chill by day then the dunes at the RIU Hotels just out of town are a must, and have some chillin bars scattered around. By night you`ve got Sports bars like The Corner House, Music bars like Corner Rock , Rock Cafe etc. And if you wanna chill with the ex pats mixed with holiday makers then Blue Rock Bar is great. Have a good one.

Manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sc or allincl

We're there July 24th and having been there 4 times already its a definate for SC. Personally I like to eat what and when I want. We went AI last year (Ibiza) and while it was excellent I felt very regimental eating apt certain times. We're a family of 4 with 15 and 7 year olds and love walking around Corralejo at night. Good food and a few drinks....it would really be a waste to go All Inclusive in my opinion.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sc or allincl

I completely concur with all of the above - we've been home for 8 days from Corralejo (our 2nd visit) and it really really bugged me that 90% of the people in our hotel were AI. For me being AI is the ruination of a holiday, especially to somewhere like Corralejo. We LOVE walking into town at night and walking back again, its so peaceful and chilled. The food is fantastic quality at brilliant prices, we ate like kings for 10 days and still came home with enough cash for a deposit for more of the same next year :)

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sc or allincl

Self catering is the way to go as there are so many different restaurants in Corrie with a range of prices, so you can eat for as little or as much as you like.... So many different types of cuisine too.. Spanish, Medittereanean, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Mexican, British etc and enough choice to keep you happy for the duration of your stay.

Although you can get good food all inclusive, it does get very samey and many people get bored after just a few days. And especially at present, the local restaurants need the trade to keep them going. So... Self catering is your best bet. Enjoy your holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sc or allincl

I'd say SC, here's one of the reasons:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580322-i10426-k…

Admittedly there's many reasons why businesses fail but the growth of AI isn't helping. We've been visiting Corralejo on and off since 1993 and sadly each time we've returned recently another one of our favourite haunts has gone. With the choice of restaurants, supermarkets and take-aways Corralejo is a perfect place for SC and it deserves all the support we can give it.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sc or allincl

So nice to hear such support for self catering and supporting the local businesses. Please carry on!

The businesses here really are having a bad time. The recession, the dreaded AI, air fares... everything's ganging up to make things difficult. But owners and managers here are a tough lot and don't expect to be rich, so most of the places stay open, though there is an awful lot of shuffling - businesses move, new people take over, faces move...

But all us residents are staying hopeful and I'm sure you'll have a great time in a self-catering place. Supermarkets are cheap (if you don't "Buy British"), bars, cafés and restaurants are very plentiful and to suit all budgets, with "value for money" being almost everywhere. Ignore the occasional closed-down places - they'll be open again tomorrow!