We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

Which Corralejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

My wife and I are coming over at the start of January for a cheap week in the sun.

I thought it would be cheaper to book direct, so booking flights direct, and going to get a taxi to Corralejo.

Is there any bargains/good appartments to stay, ideally close to the beach and to the main bars/restaurants.

We have never been before so any help would be appreciated.

C.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

Hi Cam,back to Corralejo for 3 wks on 30/11-8th time! Also been to Caleta once but find Corralejo nicer. Many apts to choose from so it's trial & error & best price wins for us.Stayed Caleta Playa Apts last dec & ideally placed almost on beach.Google location & you'll see. Staying Brisamar Apts this dec-paid £770 for 3 weeks from Brs. Many bars/restaurants for every taste.We prefer the Irish bars for music & always have a great time.Will be needing dialysis after 3 weeks!!! Wherever you stay you're really not that far from the nightlife. Looking forward to trying Boa Vida (Brazilian Restaurant) for my b'day this year.Hope this helps & regards from further along the M4!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

Hi ScarletRugby,

Wow, you must like Corralejo!

Just had a look at the Caleta Playa Appts, they looks really good - thanks for the recommendation. Have found Fuentepark Apartments too which sound good, and again, reasonably priced.

Irish bars and music is exactly what we are after! Sound like ther are plenty of bars to chose from which is great.

Thanks for the recommendations, have a great 3 week holiday when it arrives. Very jealous!

C.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

Many thanks, Caleta Playa- best apts/location & very user friendly for getting to & fro. Plenty of Irish bars & all are v good-we really enjoy each &every time. Don't forget though that there are numerous other v good bars too-too many to mention fairly. Any more questions ask away as many users on here have sound advice to give. Diolch!

Edited: 25 September 2013, 13:17
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
500 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

I've not stayed in Caleta Playa but had a great time in Oasis Royal. Central but peaceful and pretty with lots if flowers and very well maintained. They are privately owned. Ours was a 2 bedroom belonging to Dermot Conlon and lovely. There is no pool bar or anything but you are so central I think it's okay.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,505 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

I've heard good things about all that have been mentioned so far - you won't go wrong if you don't come with silly expectations of having maids turn down the sheets and silver cutlery for dinner. :)

But a taxi to Corralejo will set you back about 50€ each way (it's a 40-minute drive). Have you considered a hire car from the airport? It won't cost more than a smidgen more, petrol is cheap here (1.10€/litre for 95) and parking is free everywhere in Corralejo. You could just leave it parked, or go off and visit the centre of the island, the lagoons over at El Cotillo, the dunes away from the crowded areas, etc. Driving here is dead easy with no jams or rush hours.

6. Re: Appartments/Hotel - Cheap, Clean, and Good location!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations